Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

It is currently Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:34 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Need some insight
PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 4:30 pm 

Hello! I'm in a market for a used one. Could Toyota dealer give me the service history on a vehicle I don't (yet) own? I'm torn between a few picks. I'm worried about commonly failing parts are already dealt with or not. I'm okay either way, but wish there was a way to tell before the purchase (heaters, navigation unit aside.).. is there?

<update>
One of the vehicles is '13 - 27k mi, with red hov sticker. From the age, and the fact this is from a dealer, I won't be able to extend or transfer any non-basic warranties from the previous owner - but I was wondering if low mileage has any advantage over cars with more miles (60k+ mi?) as far as its eligibility or likelihood of qualifying for "used" VSA coverage should an inspection deemed necessary...

Thank you,

Post subject: Re: Need some insight
PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 5:14 pm 

semipermeable wrote:
Hello! I'm in a market for a used one. Could Toyota dealer give me the service history on a vehicle I don't (yet) own? I'm torn between a few picks. I'm worried about commonly failing parts are already dealt with or not. I'm okay either way, but wish there was a way to tell before the purchase (heaters, navigation unit aside.).. is there?

<update>
One of the vehicles is '13 - 27k mi, with red hov sticker. From the age, and the fact this is from a dealer, I won't be able to extend or transfer any non-basic warranties from the previous owner - but I was wondering if low mileage has any advantage over cars with more miles (60k+ mi?) as far as its eligibility or likelihood of qualifying for "used" VSA coverage should an inspection deemed necessary...

Thank you,

If a Toyota dealer is selling the vehicle, I would negotiate the price to include a 5yr/60k mile Platinum VSA. That removes all the hassle of trying to get the extended warranty separately. There is very little reason for the vehicle to be disqualified since the dealer is selling it.

2012 Shoreline Blue #1462 w/JdeMO | 2018 Tesla Model 3 LR | 4.32kW Motech/Enphase PV Solar + 2x Powerwall 2 AC| Leviton EVB40 40A & Jesla Home Charging | 2015 e-Golf LE (returned)

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 6:42 pm 

It’s sold at a Lexus dealer and I was told they can’t sell me either Toyota or Lexus brand VSA, so my search for VSA continues...

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 1:16 am 

No warranty, no value. I mean you might get lucky but you should not have to pay for a car twice.