Contractors not closing? HELP!!!

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cashcow

Cant get the RAV4 EV to go full on.

12v is good 12.80 v

Car turns on to 12v level, but does not turn on contractors.

I have over half charge on rav4 ev tesla battery.

Ready light turns amber. I bring the key fob close to it then press brake. TURNS GREEN.

I press power button.

Dash flickers READY message on and off quickly a few times.

I don't hear contractors closing.

Car goes back to amber light.

I have tried this over and over and over again and can't get the car to go full on.

Had no problems at all before.

Message just says check ev system.

is it really the contractors?: Or what could it be.

When I press the brake I hear the vacuum pump for brakes working so it isn't that.

As long as you are less than 100,000 miles it will be covered under the traction battery warranty.
Have it towed it to an EV certified dealer. If you're out of warranty, maybe call Tony at Quick Charge Power.

Hi Miimura,

The rav4 ev died at my gym. One of my family members picked me up because I had to do things through out the day. I came back late at night and turned on the RAV4 EV. It went on all the way. Maybe it was only one of those keep cycling on and off for a while until the rav4 ev starts. I did cycle it, but perhaps it was not enough times. Right now it is working and I brought it home. I had problems like the cycle before and I have cycled it till it worked. This time it felt different but it had been a while since i had an error of the cycle time. Anyway ill keep an eye on it. TOday was not a fun day lol

I keep a 10mm wrench in my glove box just in case I ever need to disconnect the 12v battery. Thankfully it rarely gets used but that is the best way out of a jam.

There is a very high likelihood that this is the main traction battery contactors. We have replacements in stock.

I recommend trying to get the vehicle repaired under the Toyota 8 year / 100,000 mile battery warranty. It might take months to get a refurbished battery, and the dealer won’t just replace the contactors.

Good luck!

Back