Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

It is currently Sat Oct 19, 2019 6:21 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Can someone explain how the seatbelts in the RAV4 work?
PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:20 pm 

I was driving one yesturday (not ours but I had borrowed it from a relative for the day) and I could not figure out the backseat seatbelts. It was a 2008 RAV4.

The backseat has 3 shoulder belts. The one behind the passanger side seamed normal to me. The one behind the driver side seamed normal too, but the shoulder belt for the middle seat was hanging right next to the one for the driver side and I could not figure out how to buckle all 3 kids in at the same time without one kid sitting ontop of some of the middle seatbelt. I am not sure if this even makes sense, but I just wanted to know what I am doing wrong. If it matters, the 2 kids on the ends were in boosters and the one in the middle was not.

Should I have re-arranged the boosters? I have never seen seatbelts designed this way before so I am not sure if this is some wonderfull setup that Toyota thought up and I just can't figure it out or if the designers were not thinking when they designed that middle seatbelt.

Thanks

Post subject: Re: Can someone explain how the seatbelts in the RAV4 work?
PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:17 pm 

Sounds like you had it right.

8/12/14 RAV4 EV #3008, Blizzard Pearl
9kW Solar Electric System
SDGE TOU metering
OpenEVSE 40 amp

"Aquaponics...solar-powered nanotechnology that produces fresh vegetables and meat, while purifying water..." - Rick Op, Houston Texas.

Post subject: Re: Can someone explain how the seatbelts in the RAV4 work?
PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 1:37 pm 

Evonahi wrote:
...the shoulder belt for the middle seat was hanging right next to the one for the driver side and I could not figure out how to buckle all 3 kids in at the same time without one kid sitting ontop of some of the middle seatbelt. I am not sure if this even makes sense, but I just wanted to know what I am doing wrong. If it matters, the 2 kids on the ends were in boosters and the one in the middle was not...

Definitely want to practice before you need it.
The middle rear seatbelt is retracted into the ceiling in our 2013. Pull it & see 2 clips. These go over the lap of the middle child & the remaining belt goes across the torso. It's also useful for securing luggage. You'll need a screwdriver, or something flat to release one of the clips. Learn how to remove the key from the fob & see if that fits or add something flat that fits to the glovebox. Happy Trails.