How many owners here are still on their original Drive Unit?

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

qwk

As the title states, I was wondering how many members here with a Rav4 EV are on their original Drive Unit? I'm guessing not many?

We are on our original unit. I can't remember our exact mileage, but I believe it is in the mid-30's.

John

Hello,

Was wondering this myself ours is all orginal 2012 build number 1111 at 65k miles everything is original and running just fine. Just did UCLA and back 95 miles in carpool lane (70 mph+) with 3 students and myself, finished home with 4 bars left! I disagree and believe the majority have original drivetrains but forums attract the cars with problems, those that work just get driven around a bunch and we never hear about them.

Knock on wood mine will probably catch a problem tommorrow! At least the Toyota part of the car seems dependable!

Steve
2012 RAV EV
2011 Leaf
1967 VW Bug Plug Bug EV

We had one customer who replaced his original motor at 143,000 miles. It was so worn out, that it wasn’t rebuildable.

Anyhoo, if those bearings are making noise, GET THAT MOTOR REPAIRED !!! If you still have a Toyota warranty, great. If not, we can make all repairs on the 2012-2014 Toyota RAV4 EV.

We are the worldwide expert on this car. On any given day, there are 5-10 RAV4 EVs at our shop.

https://shop.quickchargepower.com/SERVICE-Toyota-RAV4-EV-2012-2014-NEW-MOTOR-BEARING-RAV4MOTORBEARINGSREPAIR.htm

I think mine is on the original unit (bought used with 27K, now at almost 50K)
Does anyone have a recording of what the noise sounds like?
I don't hear anything that sounds particularly worrisome... but I'm not sure what I'm looking for either.

KurtManz said:
I think mine is on the original unit (bought used with 27K, now at almost 50K)
Does anyone have a recording of what the noise sounds like?
I don't hear anything that sounds particularly worrisome... but I'm not sure what I'm looking for either.
Here are two YouTube videos with the sound.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dIOWNmd8F-o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LiI5xmDRbw&t=3s

I just bought a 2014 (BlizPearl) with 54k on it, and I'm pretty sure it's the original drive unit. CarFax didn't say anything about it getting replaced, although how specific does a CarFax really get.

mhobby said:
I just bought a 2014 (BlizPearl) with 54k on it, and I'm pretty sure it's the original drive unit. CarFax didn't say anything about it getting replaced, although how specific does a CarFax really get.
CarFax won't have that kind of data. Any dealer can tell you the service history. You can also register for the Toyota Owner's site and it will probably give you a bunch of service data from dealer transactions.

mhobby said:

Send me the VIN, and I can get the Toyota service history.

All the VINs are the same , EXCEPT:

2T3YL4DV

>?< individual discriminator for every car, can be a number or letter

>either C, D, or E< for the Model Year; C = 2012, D = 2013, E = 2014

W00

>9999< four digit serial number

Back