Group Buy on "Powered by Tesla" License Plate Frames

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ordered 2 and wasn't fully satisfied with the quality of the plates. They seem to be flimsy and they don't fit properly on the front plate holder (they stick out on the sides of the front plate holder). Another item is it's just a cut out piece of plastic instead of a real license plate frame holder. I was expecting a little more rigidity from this product like I have seen with other license plate frame for example http://www.jdmego.com/accessories/license-plate-frames/jdmego-i-3-haters-license-plate-frame-red-white.html

Just not what I was expecting when ordering a license plate frame.

NetJunky said:
I ordered 2 and wasn't fully satisfied with the quality of the plates. They seem to be flimsy and they don't fit properly on the front plate holder (they stick out on the sides of the front plate holder). Another item is it's just a cut out piece of plastic instead of a real license plate frame holder. I was expecting a little more rigidity from this product like I have seen with other license plate frame for example http://www.jdmego.com/accessories/license-plate-frames/jdmego-i-3-haters-license-plate-frame-red-white.html

Just not what I was expecting when ordering a license plate frame.

I was surprised they were just flat cutouts, but I'm still happy I got them. Quality wise they seem like an $8 item, so I/m really glad we didn't pay full price. I used a couple of fat O-rings as spacers for the front plate so it sits on top of the factory frame. I also need to put something on the back like cabinet door bumpers or similar so the rear doesn't rattle when I shut the rear door. I did apply some UV protection so I hope they won't fade.

I ordered the plastic one for $15.99 with white letters. I will have to mod it some, the Commonwealth of Virginia is strict on coverage:
It is illegal to mount colored glass, plastic, or any other type of covering on your license plates that alters or obscures the letters, numbers, decals or the state where the vehicle is registered and when the registration expires (Va. Code 46.2-716). Keep the registration card with you whenever you operate the vehicle.
The word Virginia goes all the way up to the top of the holes, and the registration stickers come close to the side of the top holes. It will be a Dremel job, hope it doesn't look cheap after I cut it out.
Bad enough they make you pay an EV tax every year, don't need a ticket to boot.

Well my plates arrived yesterday. I think the black metal frame looks good on my "B". I did have to bend the top slightly to fit.

I just installed the second of two license plate frames from EVPlates.com (originally bought two) after nearly four years on the first one. Wish I had more. The original company seems to have gone out of business. Does anyone know someone who can replicate the original frames we ordered. Anyone else interested in having one? While the frame wasn't perfect, it has been a nice touch.

This is what I found when I tries to order a License Plate Frame from EVPLates.com

STORE IS CLOSED

We're sorry, but EVPlates.com is no longer open for business.

Shaf said:
This is what I found when I tries to order a License Plate Frame from EVPLates.com

STORE IS CLOSED

We're sorry, but EVPlates.com is no longer open for business.

Yup. This thread is many years old.

We have a laser cutting and etching machine. We could make a license plate frames out of a nice black plastic (like Lexan, or other premium product with UV inhibitors) that would have white letters etched into the plastic.

What should it say?

1) Tesla Powered

2) No Gas * No Oil

3) 1 of 2600

4) RAV4 EV

5) ?

Back