Displaying the Rav4 at shows

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TonyWilliams

waidy said:
I believe we sold at least two Rav4s to EV potential buyers at the Sunday's Los Altos Hills Earth Day Celebration (they said they were going to the Toyota Dealer to get one). The posters I used for the "advertisement" on the Rav are:

I think I did, too!!!

We had a good showing in Balboa Park, San Diego. I had my Rav4 EV, and there was one Tesla Signature P85. Fiat had two of the new 500e's, the public utility brought a LEAF, there were a bunch of homebuilt EVs, and two EV race cars; a BMW M3, and a Baja Off Road Racer:

EarthFair 2013
San Diego EarthWorks
Sunday, April 21, 2013
Balboa Park • 10am – 5pm
The world's largest
annual environmental fair
and Earth Day Celebration
24th annual event – produced by volunteers!

Each year, the EarthFair draws around 60,000 visitors.

The mayor gave a talk in front of the old electric trolley car that was used in San Diego in the early part of the 1900's. They plan to put in back in service by restoring the coach part, except the drive train will be batteries and electric motor(s), and at the trolley stops it will have inductive charging. No overhead wires as the original had. San Diego Auto Museum to the right and Air and Space Museum in the center rear.

Wow, love your posters. Could you post or email so I can use it on this Thursday's local event? What a great event you had down there!

Your Rav is so clean. My Rav has only been washed once :) The reason why it even got washed once was because my son Darren can't stand it so he hand washed it.

Tony, very nice job with the information you gave folks. If only the people selling the RAV and other EV's were as informed. That's why I like the Tesla sales model.

Hey Tony, where did you get the top speed of "104" mph from? I've never seen a number other than 100 mph in print before?

On a similar note, I have seen other references to "zero to 60", that are quoting "6.8" seconds.

For bragging rights, at an open hood car show, it's really too bad Toyota ditched the eye catching, "TESLA" logo, on top of the drivetrain cover. That was probably the very first blunder in Product Marketing that subsequently hurt the projected sales of this car. Nobody thinks of "TOYOTA" as the maker of a truly good performing "SUV". The RAV4 EV definitely has that going for it, even though the average car enthusiast will never know it.

Back