July 2013 Pics of Rav4 EV Prototype at Tesla Factory

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TonyWilliams

null-14.jpg

null-15.jpg

null-13.jpg

null-16.jpg

null-12.jpg

null-11.jpg

null-10.jpg

null-8.jpg

null-6-2.jpg

TonyWilliams said:
Let's see if you can spot all the differences between the prototype and the production Rav4 EV.

1) Moonroof
2) Different wheels

Mirrors
Headlights
Taillights
Navigation system
Radio
A/C controls
Drive selector
Handbrake placement
Missing folding mirrors button
Instrumentation

I haven't seen too many pictures of the underside of the car, but there looks to be a lot of prototype stuff there, not as much aerodynamic treatments.

I think it's great that they are still using this vehicle. So many prototypes just go to the "boneyard" or get crushed. I think it's also interesting that Tesla retained control of this early one and not Toyota. Toyota Engineering likely assembled all the later prototypes, so they probably retained posession of those.

miimura said:
I think it's great that they are still using this vehicle. So many prototypes just go to the "boneyard" or get crushed. I think it's also interesting that Tesla retained control of this early one and not Toyota. Toyota Engineering likely assembled all the later prototypes, so they probably retained posession of those.

This car will never have a California license plate. I didn't look to see if it had a serial number.

The other 30-ish prototypes were likely crushed (some in crash tests).

Another difference: Siren. I will stop by the dealership on the way home and order that accessory.;)

i saw one of these while getting a tour of the Tesla factory (I parked my Rav4EV right up in front...) but didnt realize all the differences.

Whats even cooler is the guys in Arizona at Nissan who turned a Leaf into a pickup truck.

Back