East Bay Service Dealer and Advisor recommendation

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vips

Hello,
I am approaching 5000 miles on the car and seeking recommendation on east bay (near Pleasanton area) service dealer and advisor recommendation.

Apart from the regular service I want to:

- Switch to one beep when in reverse gear
- Firmware update
- fix a dashboard trim rattle/squeak that has been annoying me for some time now.

Thanks for the recommendations, in advance.

I, too, live in Pleasanton... and had wished the local (Dublin) Toyota dealership carried (and serviced) the Rav4 EV. Alas, I needed to travel over to Fremont Toyota to make purchase. Very happy with their dealership... and service department. Upon my 5K service, I requested and received both the one beep on reverse and firmware update. I also requested and received the delay in the driver's seat belt alarm as I find my pattern upon entry is to power on before buckling up and tired of that alarm as well.

Good luck on the "rattle/squeak".

Walnut Creek Toyota. Friends with Prius (Priuae?) drive well out of their way to go there. They sell the Rav EV, although not very well. Walkable to WC BART and the WC BART Bus Depot.

vips said:
Hello,
I am approaching 5000 miles on the car and seeking recommendation on east bay (near Pleasanton area) service dealer and advisor recommendation.

Apart from the regular service I want to:

- Switch to one beep when in reverse gear
- Firmware update
- fix a dashboard trim rattle/squeak that has been annoying me for some time now.

Thanks for the recommendations, in advance.

Would love to get your feedback wherever you end up going as I have the EXACT SAME things I'd like serviced. The dash rattle for me is located on the instrument cluster, and near the glove box. Both seem to be amplified when the weather warms and flexes the dash.

@EVMe - Based on the feedback, I will try Fremont Toyota and let you know it goes this time around.

The rattle/squeak, I have is at the instrument cluster as well and you are right on that it gets amplified as the weather warms up. No rattle/squeak near the glove compartment area for me.

Hi vips, I've used both Fremont and Walnut Creek service departments. Both are good, but make sure to schedule an appointment. Even with the limited service needs, expect them to take 4+ hours. There are a few places to grab a bite to eat or shop near the Walnut Creek dealership. The Fremont location is a little more remote, but there is a big shopping center not too far away.

Back