Where can I find my Safety Connect contract ID?

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blastphemy

I'm trying to get the Entune EV apps for iPhone to work with my RAV4 EV, but it asks me for my Safety Connect contract ID. Does anyone know where I find that? I called my dealership and the person to whom I spoke seemed a bit clueless...

I had no problem with Open Table, Pandora, etc.

Yep, I had this problem too . . . you have to call the Toyota (Roadside Assistance?) Call Center and request it. I believe someone will answer 24/7. Another way, although I did not try it, would be to press the "SOS" button in your RAV4 EV. Basically, you need a contract code to enable the Entunes apps that can communicate with the car. This is covered under your free 3 year subscription to Entune's "extra" features.

It really is unacceptable that the dealers do not explain this better (or at all), which was the same for me. I got no instructions about this and I don't think there is anything in the Owners Manual either. :?

Dsinned said:
It really is unacceptable that the dealers do not explain this better (or at all), which was the same for me. I got no instructions about this and I don't think there is anything in the Owners Manual either. :?
It turns out my dealer didn't even sign us up for Safety Connect when we signed the lease! Really makes me wonder what else the dealership forgot to do. I never even had the Leviton inspection, so I hope my Blink unit doesn't void my warranty!

Blastphemy said:
I never even had the Leviton inspection, so I hope my Blink unit doesn't void my warranty!

I didn't have, allow, or expect the goofy Leviton ripoff.

My Blink melted the charging pins, and that didn't void the warranty.

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?p=245971#p245971

TonyWilliams said:
I didn't have, allow, or expect the goofy Leviton ripoff.
I got as far as signing up on their website for getting the the home inspection, but when it asked me for a $100 deposit just to have someone come and evaluate my existing setup, I stopped the process and haven't looked back. For some reason, I had thought the Leviton inspection was a requirement of the car. (The RAV4 EV website makes it sound like that until you read the fine print under "4. Once you've completed your trip to the dealership, visit Leviton [5] to schedule your charging unit installation.") I was glad to find out it wasn't necessary.

However, I did have to sign a "RAV4 EV Customer Disclosure Form" at the dealership that stated, among other things, that "A Toyota-approved Level 2 (240V) 30A or 40A charging station compliant with SAE J1772 standard is necessary for battery recharging" and that "I agree to accept delivery of a RAV4 EV without having installed a Toyota-approved (Leviton) 240V 30A or 40A EVSE, and release and hold dealer and Toyota harmless from any damages resulting from this decision." I have no idea if my Blink is "Toyota-appoved," but it's definitely compliant with the SAE J1772 standard and hasn't fried my RAV4 EV or Volt, yet! But I wasn't happy having to sign a document that seemed to infer that any damage done to the RAV4 EV by charging it with a non-"Toyota-approved" unit would result in such damages not being covered by the warranty.

When my wife 'fuels up' at work and at public charging stations, I have no idea if they're "Toyota-approved" units, and it makes me wary. She has some GE chargers at work and we've charged at Clipper Creek and Chargepoint public chargers since getting the car. They all worked and didn't fry the car, but are they Toyota-approved? Now I'm paranoid!

Back