Tesla model S UMC with J1772 & JESLA(tm) conversion

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sbessel said:
Any news on the next batch?

I just got my EV and am in need of a good spare cable.

Thanks,

Scott

The next and potentially last batch of Tesla UMC / J1772 conversions for 2013 is open now. I must have your UMC dropped shipped to my house by Tues, Nov 19, 2013!!!

This date is really important, because I'm currently planning to be out of town for an extended period after Nov 20, 2013. Everything will ship then!!

Ship to:

Tony Williams
858-245-8217
12656 Sabre View Cove
San Diego, CA 92128-4160

PayPal is: anthonywilliams123 "aught" gmail.com
Checks mailed to me are OK.

Prices:

$1085 - Includes "everything"; return shipping and $999 shipping insurance (USA and Canada only), TucsonEV 50 amp J1772 plug, and Tesla UMC with carrying case plus NEMA 14-50 and 5-15 plugs.

$1050 - TucsonEV 50 amp J1772 plug and Tesla UMC included with carrying case plus NEMA 14-50 and 5-15 plugs. You must send me a return shipping label, UPS ONLY !!!!! Sorry, but the other shippers are a hassle for me.

$370 - Includes return shipping and $999 shipping insurance (USA and Canada only) and TucsonEV 50 amp J1772 plug. You need to have a Tesla UMC drop shipped to me.

$335 - TucsonEV 50 amp J1772 plug included. You must send me a return shipping label, UPS ONLY !!!!! You need to have a Tesla UMC drop shipped to me.

$235 - Includes return shipping and $999 shipping insurance (USA and Canada only). You need to have a Tesla UMC and TucsonEV 50 amp J1772 plug drop shipped to me.

$200 - You must send me a return shipping label, UPS ONLY !!!! You need to have a Tesla UMC and TucsonEV 50 amp J1772 plug drop shipped to me.

If you would also like a 30 amp J1772 Extension cord that is 20 feet long, I can throw that in for $399.

http://www.myrav4ev.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=8255#p8255

WARRANTIES FOR THESE SERVICES or PRODUCTS:

NONE

It is sold:
“AS IS”
“WITH ALL FAULTS”

NO WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY IS EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED

THE BUYER WILL PAY ALL COSTS FOR ANY REPAIRS. The seller / servicing party assumes no responsibility for any repairs regardless of any oral statements about the product and/or service.

The products and/or services contained in this packaging are NOT household goods sold to consumers.

There is no warranty of fitness for a particular purpose, expressed or implied. The buyer has not relied upon the seller to select these goods and/or services to fit any specific request.

SERVICE CONTRACT. No service contract is available at any price. None has been offered, either written or orally.

TucsonEV has lowered the price JUST FOR YOU!! Now, just $135 for the 50 amp J1772 plug.

You can buy the Tesla UMC for $650 here: http://shop.teslamotors.com/collections/model-s-charging-adapters/products/model-s-mobile-connector-bundle

Do not send older J1772 plugs from eBay, etc. I will no longer use those. Do not partially disassemble the parts, or I will return them untouched by me.

The modifications will include the LED light feature. We are working on a Tesla remote control feature to open the charge port door, however that won't be ready until 2014. The DoStar / Uchem J1772 plugs are rated at 50 amps. The Tesla Model S "UMC" or "MC" is rated at 40 amps, the maximum capacity of the Tesla single onboard charger.

Thanks,

Tony

Tony,

So for $1085 does that include everything. Meaning I don't have to send you a cable and plug???

Thanks,

Chan

Send the PayPal as a "gift" to save Tony the fees. It pulls from your checking account instead of credit card.

Him doing this for us is great. Tony is an asset to the RAV4 EV community.

If you would also like a 30 amp J1772 Extension cord that is 20 feet long, I can throw that in with a J1772 Tesla conversion purchase for $399. If purchased individually, the shipping and handling is an addtional $35 extra.

http://www.myrav4ev.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=8255#p8255

I'm not as technical as most folks on this site and am grateful that so many amazing people contribute their knowledge here.

I've read thru this thread and just want to summarize my understanding of the "Tesla model S UMC with J1772 connector." essentially it allows a Rav4Ev user to plug in at RV parks and charge at (NEMA 14-50) 240v/40amp to get ~29 miles per hour charge. Or allows plugging in (NEMA 5-15) 120v/15 amp to get ~12 miles per hour charge.

Th benefit is that this provides the fastest mobile charging solution. Faster (at RV parks) than ChargePoint, Blink, or other public stations. It also significantly increases the charging capability over the Toyota included 120v charger, which charges at 3.5 miles per hour. Additional benefit is that I can now charge at places that do not have charging stations but do have NEMA 15-50 plugs (such as RV parks). Example is that I could not drive from Simi Valley to Mammoth Lakes with out the "Tesla model S UMC with J1772 connector" because I need to recharge at an RV park in Lone Pine to complete the trip.

I have a couple of questions: 1) Can I use the "Tesla model S UMC with J1772 connector" on cars other than a Rav4ev (a LEAF, or some future car I buy)? 2) if there is a Nema 15-50 outlet 240/40 available it will always be better than a 30 amp 240 charging station when using the Tesla model S UMC with J1772 connector?

Thanks for confirming the above. If my understanding is correct I'd like to get on the list for one of these as well.

The Tesla UMC portable will operate at 40 amps with a NEMA 6-50 (welders) or NEMA 14-50 (RV parks and your garage), but can also operate at a lower 24 amp rate from dryer plugs at a friend's house (NEMA 14-30 or 10-30). Finally, it will charge at 12 amps on a normal household 120 volt plug.

Yes, the modified unit can still charge a Tesla (with the supplied adaptor with Model S cars), or Spark EV, LEAF, Volt, et al.

Yes, a 240 volt / 50 amp RV plug or welder outlet will ALWAYS be faster than a 208 or 240 volt 30 amp public charge station.

Tony,

I am in for the Full Monty plus the extension cord for 1085.00 + 399 = 1484.00. Cash headed your way through paypal.

Thanks!

Here's some guys that are using my conversion on the Tesla Roadster

IMG_5448.jpg

TonyWilliams said:
The Tesla UMC portable will operate at 40 amps with a NEMA 6-50 (welders) or NEMA 14-50 (RV parks and your garage), but can also operate at a lower 24 amp rate from dryer plugs at a friend's house (NEMA 14-30 or 10-30). Finally, it will charge at 12 amps on a normal household 120 volt plug.

Yes, the modified unit can still charge a Tesla (with the supplied adaptor with Model S cars), or Spark EV, LEAF, Volt, et al.

Yes, a 240 volt / 50 amp RV plug or welder outlet will ALWAYS be faster than a 208 or 240 volt 30 amp public charge station.

Thanks. My check is in the mail for the 'everything' option. I really appreciate you doing this for us.

mhkp said:
Thanks. My check is in the mail for the 'everything' option. I really appreciate you doing this for us.

I just received 5 new UMC's today, and ordered 5 more today. Virtually all of that is now sold. I should have 10 J1772 plugs arriving this week from TucsonEV.

I have named the Model S - J1772 conversion JESLATM.

TonyWilliams said:
mhkp said:

I just received 5 new UMC's today, and ordered 5 more today. Virtually all of that is now sold. I should have 10 J1772 plugs arriving this week from TucsonEV.

I have named the Model S - J1772 conversion JESLATM.

Done yet? :lol: I see your plugs arrived just before noon yesterday... You should have had time... :geek:

Scott

Tony,
I just sent you $1085 via PayPal without fee. I get out to our offices in San Diego every couple weeks so gave that address. If you want to drop it off with the receptionist to pocket $35 for yourself that will work too.

I am moving one of my Rav4s back to California and this will work perfect.

Thanks,
Tom

Back