Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

It is currently Tue May 18, 2021 6:14 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 317 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32  Next
 Post subject: Re: New California Corridor Fast Chargers Installed
PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2020 1:16 am 

ChargePoint opened another site at I-5 and CA-12 in Lodi. This is the last site on I-5 northbound until Sacramento.

Plugshare - Shell Flag City - Two 50kW DCFC and a L2 station.

Also on I-80 in Cisco Grove

Plugshare - Chevron Cisco Grove - Two 50kW DCFC and a L2 station.

Also South Lake Tahoe

Plugshare - The Crossing at Tahoe Valley - Two 62.5kW DCFC and a L2 station

CalTrans also opened another site at the Donner Pass Eastbound Rest Area.

Plugshare - Donner Pass Eastbound Rest Area - One 50kW DCFC

2012 Shoreline Blue #1462 w/JdeMO | 2018 Tesla Model 3 LR | 4.32kW Motech/Enphase PV Solar + 2x Powerwall 2 AC| Leviton EVB40 40A & Jesla Home Charging | 2015 e-Golf LE (returned)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2020 4:09 pm 

Noticing quite a few new chargers, thought I'd list them. A lot of these are on secondary highways, filing in a lot of gaps. The statewide network is getting pretty robust.

On the 14/395 corridor:

Two new installs in Mojave, adding to the existing EA station.
Chargepoint under install: https://www.plugshare.com/location/288895
EV Connect: https://www.plugshare.com/location/113668

Also a Chargepoint in Bradys starting install: https://www.plugshare.com/location/288239

Still waiting on something, anything in Mammoth Lakes.

An install started in Boron along Hwy 58 : https://www.plugshare.com/location/289103

Along 101 :

Noticed the site in Willits finally went live : https://www.plugshare.com/location/275074

Also an EA site in Soledad that fills another gap : https://www.plugshare.com/location/269589

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2021 7:19 pm 

Some more CalTrans 30-30 sites have opened.

This one is the second site on CA-299 between Redding and Eureka in Willow Creek.
Plugshare - Caltrans Maintenance Station, Willow Creek, CA - One 50kW BTC dual standard DCFC, free vending.

Plugshare - Weed Patch Park and Ride, Bakersfield, CA - One 50kW BTC dual standard DCFC. Pay / Free unconfirmed.

Plugshare - Delano Maintenance Yard, Delano, CA - no pictures yet. Presumed two BTC DCFC.

Plugshare - C.H. Harlow Rest Area, Kingsburg, CA - no pictures yet. Presumed one BTC DCFC.

As mentioned above, lots of the other CalTrans sites have been started but I don't see that any more have been activated yet.

ChargePoint finally opened their Vacaville CEC funded site.

Plugshare - Nugget Market, Vacaville, CA - Two 62.5kW ChargePoint Express 250 dual standard DCFC plus a dual head L2.

2012 Shoreline Blue #1462 w/JdeMO | 2018 Tesla Model 3 LR | 4.32kW Motech/Enphase PV Solar + 2x Powerwall 2 AC| Leviton EVB40 40A & Jesla Home Charging | 2015 e-Golf LE (returned)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2021 10:53 pm 

Two new DC fast chargers have opened at the CALTRANS maintenance station in Kettleman City.

They are both free. Here's the link to the info on plugshare:

https://www.plugshare.com/location/300027

With the addition of L3 chargers in Kettleman City it is now easy to drive from San Luis Obispo to Yosemite. It also makes travel from the Central Valley to the Central Coast much easier.

There's more info in this press release that includes additional locations.

https://dot.ca.gov/news-releases/news-release-2021-001

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2021 7:28 am 

The doc listed by @swogee above showed the following CalTrans sites that have also opened.

Plugshare - Tejon Rest Area, Lebec, CA - Four 50kW BTC dual standard fast chargers, free vending.

The original plan was to install one charger each at the Northbound and Southbound rest areas. However, there is a convenient way to exit from Northbound I-5 and loop back to the Southbound rest area which has 4 chargers.

Plugshare - Philip S. Raine Rest Area Southbound - Two BTC dual standard fast chargers
Plugshare - Philip S. Raine Rest Area Northbound - Two BTC dual standard fast chargers

The Fresno and Madera Maintenance Station sites are not on Plugshare yet. The document also mentions 6 DCFC in San Diego County. I don't know which sites they are because they weren't in the original "30-30" plan, but I did find several Park and Ride lots that have DCFCs, some have SDG&E branding.

This one in Pala Mesa is clearly CalTrans.
Plugshare - Pala Road Park & Ride, Fallbrook, CA

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 12:47 am 

More ChargePoint grant sites have opened.

Plugshare - Bakersfield Countryside Market - Two 50kW DCFC and a L2 station.
It's on Hwy 58 on the outskirts of Bakersfield on the way to Tehachapi.

Plugshare - Gilroy Chevron - Two 50kW DCFC and a L2 station.

Plugshare - Ukiah Burger King - Two 50kW DCFC and a L2 station.

Plugshare - Arcata Ball Park - One 50kW DCFC and a L2 station.

That leaves only 8 more ChargePoint grant sites yet to open. They are operating 61 grant funded sites now.

I think it's really fortunate that the CEC doubled up on the northern part of the 101 corridor. It looks like Recargo is going to fail to install their GFO-15-603 sites as well.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 1:04 am 

The missing CalTrans sites mentioned above are now on Plugshare.

Plugshare - West Almond Ave, Madera, CA - Two 50kW DCFC

Plugshare - CalTrans District 6 HQ, Fresno, CA - Four 50kW DCFC

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 1:19 am 

EV Connect appears to have opened some more grant funded sites too.

Plugshare - Rio Vista - One DCFC and a L2 station. Equipment unknown, no photos or checkins.

The Inyokern Airport site has been open for a while but now has more reliable checkins.
Plugshare - Inyokern Airport - One 50kW DCFC and a L2 station.

Plugshare - Volare Hotel, San Clemente, CA - One DCFC and two L2 stations. No photos or checkins.

That leaves only 8 more CEC funded EV Connect sites remaining. They are currently operating 14 CEC funded sites.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2021 2:35 am 

miimura wrote:
That leaves only 8 more CEC funded EV Connect sites remaining. They are currently operating 14 CEC funded sites.

Did Regargo (Plugshare) ever complete any of their sites, and do you expect that to occur? I remember they said they hoped they would after the state terminated their CEC funding a couple years ago. I didn't see Recargo listed in the plugshare.com network filters.

3.2 kW Solar PV system

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2021 7:09 pm 

tgreene wrote:
miimura wrote:

Did Regargo (Plugshare) ever complete any of their sites, and do you expect that to occur? I remember they said they hoped they would after the state terminated their CEC funding a couple years ago. I didn't see Recargo listed in the plugshare.com network filters.

Their GFO-15-601 sites were officially terminated by the CEC. Those sites are the ones between Gilroy and Buellton on the US-101 corridor.
I have been looking for Recargo sites identified in the GFO-15-603 grant, but I have not seen any come online. They have two corridors in that grant. There are 3 sites on CA-152 between Gilroy and Chowchilla and there are 11 sites on US-101 between Healdsburg and the Oregon border. Luckily ChargePoint has already covered both those corridors.

The only Recargo fast charge site I know of is the early "prototype" site that was funded by the Monterey Air Resources Board in Prunedale. It's an excellent site design with BTC 200kW charger cabinets. Those cabinets are capable of splitting their power between two pedestals, but this installation only has one pedestal per cabinet. The site also has Tesla Powerpack batteries to reduce power demand spikes and therefore reduce demand charges from the utility.
Plugshare - Prunedale Shopping Center

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 317 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32  Next