I hate the seat warmer button

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SeaMonster

OK, I realize that this is pretty small on the list, but as the weather get's warmer, this becomes more annoying.

I find that the driver's side seat warmer button is just too easy to "touch" accidentally. I find that fairly often I tap it while turning on the car. Maybe it is just the back of a finger grazing it. But before I know it, the seat is hot. Not so great on a hot afternoon.

I wish there was a way to either disable this or require a more deliberate action to active the seat warmer.

Yes, they needed three position rocking switches. It would be really cool if the remote climate had an option to pre-heat the seats, even seat-only.

I live in Hawaii and will never need the seat warmers so I pulled the fuse. Of course, I'm anal so when I do accidentally brush the seat heater button, I do press it again until it's off.

I'm noticing a lot of phantom switching on the environment controls on the Rav. The outside air will turn on by itself all the time eventhough I've been nowhere close to the recirculation control button. I'll turn it back to recirculation and it will almost always turn back on to outside air at least a couple more times during my 1.5 hour commute in the morning. The mode switch also does it. I'll be driving and all of a sudden I'll hear the servo move and the vents will change from upper vents to the feet or to defrost and feet or to both feet and upper vents. I thinks its little glitches in the computer control.

Back