Manufacturer Certificate of Conformity

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jonathan_UK

I'm trying to organize exporting my RAV4 EV back to the UK, and have hit a hurdle on the Individual Vehicle Approval form. Apparently, all EVs being imported into Europe require proof of compliance with ECE Regulation 100.01, which is designed to assure electrical safety.

Has anyone had any experience with this aspect of importing Rav4s into Europe?

Also, has anyone asked or obtained the vehicle's manufacturer Certificate of Conformity from Toyota?

I purchased my 2012 RAV4 EV in 2015 and braught it to Austria later i imported a couple of Fiat 500e but I allways got an "exeptional permission" .If the car is safe enough for the USA it should be safe in Europ too.
If you need, I can send you a copy of my documents.

Hello everyone,

It's been a while since I last logged in. This post is to update you all on the situation with my RAV4 EV import into the UK, but it should be equally representative of EU imports as well.

The UK Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA) are still refusing to register the vehicle in the UK, due to the inability to provide evidence of compliance to ECE Reg 100.01. As I am living in Germany (Munich) now I have had to lease a Nissan Leaf (only because of the low leasing cost) and use a company specializing in UK imports (ShipMyCar) to manage the paperwork and testing. They have had to send US Tesla's back to California because of the same problem.

It looks like my only way out is to wait until 2023 for it to become a ten year old car and qualify for 'classic car' status making it exempt from ECE 100.01 compliance requirements.

It would be useful to know if anyone else is encountering difficulties importing into Europe since 2017/18.

Back