Is there a cabin pressure valve?

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KurtManz

For a while now I've noticed that closing the last door in the car is more difficult unless there's a window open. This often leads to the door not closing well and the person closing it opening and slimming the door hard. : /

After trying a few things I think what's happening is that as the last door closes the air pressure in the cabin is pushing back.

Does this happen to anybody else?
I imagine there's got to be a pressure relief valve somewhere... is there?

The only thing I can think of is that I updated the cabin air filter last year... could I have blocked something when I did that?

Any ideas?

A random picture from the 'net of a 2010 RAV4:

FCCE8FKJ654P3RA.LARGE.jpg

There appear to be two of them, in the usual places: rear lower quarter panels. It looks like they used to be L & R part Nos., but have evolved to a single part No. for replacement.

https://parts.toyota.com/p/Toyota_2014_RAV4-WAGON-Electric/Quarter-Panel-Air-Vent-Grille-Left--Right-Duct--Quarter-Vent/63565289/629030R010.html

Rear_Quarter_Vent_629030R010%20_01b.png

In the old days, these could become obscured by mud, but these are tucked up fairly high, and not subject to rear wheel spray. I can feel mine by reaching up about 6" ahead of the rear bumper.

Tony has some pictures from his 2012 receiver hitch installation, but PhotoBucket has obscured them:

CA76462D-CC54-4E21-995E-C5C9E1A35608-7837-0000040400B12CB0.jpg

Back