Orange County service

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Syrinx

My RAV is throwing a check EV error and won't go READY. I need to have it towed to a dealer. Last time I needed this, I took it to Carson Toyota because no Orange County dealers would work on it with JDeMO. I'm just wondering if that has changed before I call Carson to see if they will look at it? Any advice is appreciated.

Update: Called Carson, they currently have one they have been working on for 1-1/2 months, and they won't cover a long term rental even with Platinum. Considering other dealers and would appreciate advice.

Any update on this? I just took mine to Carson and they’re dragging their heels, saying they need to wait for Tesla even for a simple diagnosis. Anyone find a better socal dealer for service or otherwise have tips?

Haha, still here, still keeping RavCharge going for the die hards, and still have the Rav but my wife mostly drives it now. Oh and swapped the Leaf for a 2018 model 3 :D

My platinum warranty expires on 4/1 so I’m trying to sneak it in to see if there are any big problems to fix. Thought Carson was the place to go but seems like even they don’t know anything about this car anymore - they say they basically can’t do anything without Tesla’s help and apparently it takes up to 2 weeks just to get a response from anyone at Tesla.

Back