Selling my RAV with JDEMO

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aries

Well, time has come to sell the RAV. Posting here to see if there is interest before going to mainstream routes.

Car is blue. Has had no accidents. Does have a scratch here and there, nothing unusual, just normal wear and tear. Interior is clean. Never smoked in, etc.

It does have. JDEMO which has been great as well as the gas springs to hold up the hood that were installed by Tony Williams as the same time as the JDEMO.

The motor was changed out a couple of years ago. Never had any kind of heater problems or anything.

Mileage is 40k. Car is located in Poway, CA and has always been located here.

If there’s any interest I’m happy to post more details and figure out a price. Just mentioning here now to see is there is interest.

Good luck. Hope you sell it. I'd be interested to know what sort of price a RAV4 EV gets these days.

I'm probably a few months behind you, getting ready to sell before the ID.4 gets here.

asavage said:
I'd be interested in hearing about the resolution to this 12v battery drain problem it had back in 2016.

Thanks for asking. Turned out to be caused by the GPS tracker (www.accutracking.com) I had plugged into the OBD port. Apparently the tracker module prevented the car computer from “sleeping”. We have these trackers in all of our cars. It’s not a problem for the gassers. The RAV however needs to sleep and, apparently, it can’t do that if anything is plugged into the OBD full time.

Unplugging the tracker solved it. We ended up just not using the tracker in the RAV.

Back