Check Cruise Control System

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FarmerDan

Got this error today (1 day into actually having the rav4ev).

Anyone seen this error or know about it? I assume it may fix itself after rebooting the car, but who knows.

FarmerDan said:
Got this error today (1 day into actually having the rav4ev).

Anyone seen this error or know about it? I assume it may fix itself after rebooting the car, but who knows.

One way to make this happen is, while in cruise, move the shifter slowly through neutral to drive, not pausing long enough for neutral to engage. Powering off clears the error.

I seen it twice already.

I think the Tesla gateway is probably the cause as well. I hate these API like setup, Toyota and Tesla Engineers having different interpretation of how certain API functions work.... causing errors when Toyota sending an unknown message to the Tesla gateway.

I can see Merc B-series wagon will have similar issues, different issues with talking to the Tesla gateway.

I'm having this exact same problem; twice in two days.

Has anyone gotten a dealer to correct this? Or do they just spout out the regular lazy "could not duplicate intermittent problem" nonsense?

I can make it happen anytime. In my case it is operator error. While cruise is engaged, move the shiftier slowly from the default position through Neutral to Drive, if it doesn't error, go slower. Don't stay in the Neutral position long enough to engage Neutral.

I got this error today. I was already in drive for a minute or so, and was cruising at about 25 mph while hitting the button to turn the cruise control system on (not to set it, just to turn it on). Error cleared on a simple once off-on restart. Go figure.

Cruise control doesn't work at speeds under 35 mph nor when you're in B mode. Trying to engage it under those conditions has caused my car to give that error. For example, cruising at 45 mph and then entered a 25 mph stretch of road. Tried to use cruise control again and it wouldn't.... but I got the error message.

Try different speeds, and in and out of B mode and you may well be able to trigger the error. As soon as I went back to using it within the parameters or >35mph and not in B mode I've never had the error message again.

Larry_in_Seattle said:
Cruise control doesn't work at speeds under 35 mph nor when you're in B mode.

25 actually.

I was able to set and use the CC twice on 24miles/h.
I was going up hill, enabled it on 26mph, and when i let go of the accelerator the car slowed down to 24mph and CC kept it there ;-)
http://s5.postimg.org/ybj5ghmjr/IMG_20150910_100405.jpg

If you try to blend the accelerator when the cruise enables by keeping your foot on the pedal but letting the car slow gently so the cruise will take over, it will complain with this error. After that you will not be able to use the CC until you pull over and power cycle the car. Very annoying. I've never had an ICE this picky about what you do with the accelerator pedal.

Larry_in_Seattle said:
Cruise control doesn't work at speeds under 35 mph nor when you're in B mode.

I regularly use CC at 26 MPH. But it's easier to set it to 27, then push the CC lever down once to do that, because if you're travelling at the lower end of indicated 26 MPH, it won't set.

Back