Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

It is currently Mon May 10, 2021 7:07 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Buzzing noise while charging....stopped
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2020 5:50 pm 

My car has always made a buzzing noise while charging that I assumed was pumps or fans associated with heating or cooling the battery. Now, 4 years later, all of a sudden it is completely silent while charging. It does charge up just fine. I took it to the dealer and was told there are no error codes and it’s supposed to be silent while charging. Is this true? I’m just worried that there is a problem with the cooling system for the battery and don’t want to be causing damage to the system. Can anyone give their input or knowledge about the noises or lack there of while charging? Thanks.

JdeMO
LG Solar AC Modules

Post subject: Re: Buzzing noise while charging....stopped
PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2020 6:35 pm 

root710 wrote:
My car has always made a buzzing noise while charging that I assumed was pumps or fans associated with heating or cooling the battery. Now, 4 years later, all of a sudden it is completely silent while charging. It does charge up just fine. I took it to the dealer and was told there are no error codes and it’s supposed to be silent while charging. Is this true? I’m just worried that there is a problem with the cooling system for the battery and don’t want to be causing damage to the system. Can anyone give their input or knowledge about the noises or lack there of while charging? Thanks.

If the sound was like this* (sometimes intermittent), then I assume that this is the sound of a air pump for drying an HV battery (air drainage through silikogel granules**).
https://youtu.be/fqgu_l5Y7-I