Toyota of Gilroy Comes Through Again

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davewill

I'm at 91,000 miles and a couple of months until the Platinum warranty expires on my 2014, so I called a couple of places looking to extend the warranty. First I called a local dealer who kept insisting that should just trade it in instead, and finally gave me a quote for 3 years/36,000 miles @ $3995...Ugh.

So, I call Gilroy hoping that they are still selling Toyota Platinum warranties at minimal markup. I get quoted an actual Toyota Platinum warranty for an additional 4 years and 50K miles for $2165. Just like the first one it's transferable to a new owner, and I get a prorated refund if I trade the vehicle in somewhere.

He even had a third party warranty with similar length and all the same features for about $1600, but I figure on doing the Platinum warranty.

Ummmm...Spoke too soon. When I called back to execute the contract, I was told they are only allowed to do it in person, now. Dude there is totally nice, and is trying to see if he can work something out for me.

Back