Still going?

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EVster

Anyone still driving their original RAV4EV?
I re-leased my 2014 for two extra years, then purchased it from Toyota. 95k miles and still going strong!
Looks like no posts here in like 6-7 years…
🥲

There is still participation on this forum, albeit at a reduced rate from its heyday. Click on the 'Active topics' link in the menu bar to see recent posts sorted by date.

Still going, but not for too much longer. I no longer have confidence that the car won't need major work on the electric motor, so we're finally trading it in on a Model Y. My wife really likes the RAV and wants to keep it, but I'm not willing to rely on it, plus I'd really like to have a decent road trip car, which my Model 3 SR really isn't.

I just passed 100K miles on my Rav4EV and still use it several times a week. Now that im retired its mostly a grocery getter (I had Tony rebuild the motor a couple years ago with the new ceramic brushes and such so i expect it'll be going strong for awhile yet). I have owned it since it was new.

n3ckf said:
I just passed 100K miles on my Rav4EV and still use it several times a week. Now that im retired its mostly a grocery getter (I had Tony rebuild the motor a couple years ago with the new ceramic brushes and such so i expect it'll be going strong for awhile yet). I have owned it since it was new.

Yeah, I reached out to QC Charge and they indicated a 4 month backlog and a $5K price tag for one of those rebuilds...and I still wouldn't have a road trip car.

My Rav4-EV is still going strong. 45K miles. Had the motor replaced right before my platinum warranty ran out last September. Being retired, it's a great around town car for me. The only other thing I replaced under warranty years ago was the on board charger. All in all, it's been a great car.

Electric cars are starting to finally get cheaper so maybe a few years from now I'll thinking about something with a little more range to replace my Volt.

I'm still driving my 2012 (#1270). 80K miles that I've owned since new. Bought the car from Dianne (Carson Toyota) when she was doing deals for everyone. Never had any major work done on it. I wasn't on the forum for years so I missed the time period when everyone was buying extended warranties, etc. Luckily I haven't had any issues with it. Hope I can keep it going for another 10 years.

In any adequate vehicle service shop , perform this simple but very important check
https://youtu.be/XfncTZcsSHM

Started the adventure May 2013, still going strong with 146K miles. A couple motors done under warranty, but quite reliable overall. Last Tony test showed 15% degradation.

Cheers,

Randy

I just saw all these replies for the first time today - the site was not really working for me, but the software was upgraded last week.

We are the original owners of a 2013 Silver, which now has 147,000 miles! Motor was replaced twice, once at 78,000 miles and the second time at 89,000. Both under warranty, thank goodness, because the first bill was $12,000 and the second was over $27,000 and took a month to complete.

The car has literally saved my sanity. I'm in Los Angeles and used to drive from the north San Fernando Valley to West LA for work on the 405 Freeway. I was able to use the carpool lane for five years (three original years and then it was extended for two at that time)! When I had to go back to the regular lanes, I almost lost my mind. We are now retired and don't drive much. Range is maybe 80 miles. We are also on the original brakes! I use the regenerative braking all the time.

We will be looking to buy next year. The car has been wonderful and it has served us well for ten years. The only thing we are missing is the long range. We know that other issues are imminent and wish to switch to a new car before costly repairs are necessary.

Like many of you, we will never buy a gas engine again. We were excited about the Chevrolet Equinox EV priced at $30,000, but that price has already been increased and the delivery delayed. Would love to own another Toyota, but I guess we'll have to wait until they decide to be serious about EVs.

Back