Is anyone interested in selling their car?

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SolarDaveGreen

I am most interested in:

- DRY speed sensor
- Motor replaced within the past 5 years by either Tesla or QCCharge
- Either a repainted car or NOT original Blizzard White
- JdeMO installed and both JdeMO and J1772 working
- At least 90 miles showing on the Guess-o-Meter after a normal charge in 70 degree (ish) weather. I'll pay more $$ for 100 miles
- It's a gift to my sister so everything has to work and it has to be reasonably clean for a 10 year old car

Thanks

I have my doubts whether a RAV4EV with a battery that healthy still exists. Maybe if it had a warranty battery replacement very late in the game, but otherwise we're talking about a minimum 9 yo battery.

I'd probably talk to QCCharge for a line on a car they've refurbed.

What kind of battery do you consider healthy?
The ones I tested had SOH between 83 and 89% and clearly depended on Lifetime Discharged Energy (kWh).
Only one vehicle* had an SOH of only 60%.
https://youtu.be/TP516uAdB_0

alflash said:
The ones I tested had SOH between 83 and 89% and clearly depended on Lifetime Discharged Energy (kWh).
How do you calculate SOH on the RAV4 EV?

With OVMS, I can see the BMS reported stats. This is my car after charging.

BMS SOC: 94%
BMS Available Energy: 36.2kWh
Lifetime Pack Discharge: 35,984kWh
Lifetime Pack Charge: 37,942kWh
Odometer: 144,082km

If you just take the first two stats, SOC and Available Energy, and divide by the nominal new energy of 41.8kWh, I get this:
36.2 / 0.94 = 38.51kWh
38.51 / 41.8 = 92.13% SOH

Do you have a different method?

miimura said:
alflash said:

If you just take the first two stats, SOC and Available Energy, and divide by the nominal new energy of 41.8kWh, I get this:
36.2 / 0.94 = 38.51kWh

Please, let me know
Your "BMS SOC" is data aka "User Display State of Charge" or "Min State of Charge"?

To calculate SOH, I use the value of the "Energy Remaining (Until Empty)" parameter after the end* of extended charging and disconnecting the 12V battery. And indeed, I use the ratio** of the Energy Remaining (Until Empty) value to 41.8 kWh.

For example, the data of one vehicle "The HV Battery in Time" :)
degradation_compare.png

Notes.
* As degradation increases, extended charging stops at 96...98%, that is, until 100% is reached (and only 15 indicator bars).

** This HV battery has almost half the Lifetime Discharged Energy of your vehicle ...
217.png

davewill said:
I have my doubts whether a RAV4EV with a battery that healthy still exists. Maybe if it had a warranty battery replacement very late in the game, but otherwise we're talking about a minimum 9 yo battery.

I'd probably talk to QCCharge for a line on a car they've refurbed.

Both of the RAV4s I own regularly charge to somewhere between 100-110 miles if they are being charged after a longish freeway trip.

The both charge to between 90 and 100 after strictly city driving.

All with no heat/A/C.

alflash said:
miimura said:
alflash said:

36.2 / 0.94 = 38.51kWh

Please, let me know
Your "BMS SOC" is data aka "User Display State of Charge" or "Min State of Charge"?

To calculate SOH, I use the value of the "Energy Remaining (Until Empty)" parameter after the end* of extended charging and disconnecting the 12V battery. And indeed, I use the ratio** of the Energy Remaining (Until Empty) value to 41.8 kWh.
I decode the "Min SOC" from the low 10 bits of PID 0x302 on the Tesla CanBUS. I tried to make sense of the "SOC UI" in the next higher bits, but I could not figure it out because the values decoded throughout the charging profile didn't make sense.

Anyway, my data above is after a "Standard Charge" so I was using the SOC_min to extrapolate the full capacity. I should really just do the Extended Charge and verify that it shows 100% SOC and see how much pack energy it says.

Back