Adaptive Cruise Control?

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

virtualy

Does the RAV4 EV have adaptive cruise control?

Where can I find a detailed spec sheet specific to the vehicle?

Thanks.

TonyWilliams said:
virtualy said:
http://www.myrav4ev.com/rav4-ev-specs
I've been to the linked page. I was looking for a more exhaustive list, e.g., one that included cruise control option. Can't seem to find what I need anywhere.

Thanks.

virtualy said:
TonyWilliams said:
virtualy said:
http://www.myrav4ev.com/rav4-ev-specs
I've been to the linked page. I was looking for a more exhaustive list, e.g., one that included cruise control option. Can't seem to find what I need anywhere.

Thanks.

The cruise control doesn't have any options, and neither does the car.

It comes in four colors, and floor mats are optional. That's it.

Sigh. Asynchronous communications are sometimes so difficult. Clearly I have mistyped.

I understand the vehicle comes w/o options. I also understand there is no adaptive CC. I'm looking for a spec sheet, such as is usually easily found on manufacturers' web sites or third party sites such as Edmunds. For some reason I have been unable to unearth the data on the RAV4 EV. I further understand that it is similarly configured to the higher end ICE RAV4s. Similar but not exactly.

Anyone have a URL that supplies the configuration for the EV?

Thanks.

How about something from a dealer that has one: http://powertoyotacerritos.com/Cerritos/For-Sale/New/Toyota/RAV4-EV/2012-FWD-4dr-White-SUV/16033328/

That lists the options, specs., etc. (If the link is dead, it means the dealer no longer has it...but there are probably others.)

Joel

Here's a link to Toyota's website with all the features and "specs" on the "2013" RAV4 EV (2012 model year should be identical).

http://www.toyota.com/rav4ev/features.html#!/exterior/4480

Fwiw, Wikipedia has good bit of technical info as well: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_RAV4_EV

Yesterday I was using cruise control and got a "Check Cruise Control" Error message while driving. After the error announcement I could no longer use Cruise Control. However, after stopping and power cycling it went away.

Anyone know the cause of this?

Blastphemy said:
Did you shift into "B"? That'll kill the cruise control and prevent it from working.
Shifting to B should quietly cancel the cruise control and engage B mode, not give an error message.

TonyWilliams said:

It comes in 4 colors? I thought Dianne mentioned that there was also going to be a dark grey model, but I don't see it on the website and I haven't read it anywhere else.

mhkp said:
Yesterday I was using cruise control and got a "Check Cruise Control" Error message while driving. After the error announcement I could no longer use Cruise Control. However, after stopping and power cycling it went away.

One way to make this happen is, while in cruise, move the shifter slowly through neutral to drive, not pausing long enough for neutral to engage.

madcow said:
TonyWilliams said:

It comes in 4 colors? I thought Dianne mentioned that there was also going to be a dark grey model, but I don't see it on the website and I haven't read it anywhere else.

There are two whites... fleet white and blizzard pearl, plus silver and blue.

I was cruising at 70 miles per hour and using the cancel feature to slow down in traffic (resume to get up to speed again) rather than B-mode or breaks. I'll see if i can reproduce it.

mhkp said:

Just had this happen today--the first error message I've gotten on my Rav4 EV in 3600 miles. It happened when I was exiting the freeway and went from my Cruise Control in D and shifted down to "B". As soon as I went into B, the error message popped up and the car beeped at me. For the rest of that trip, cruise control did not work (if you pushed the button and tried to turn it on, it beeped and the "check cruise control" error message popped up). As soon as I got in my garage i power cycled and cruise control worked just fine.

Hopefully it isn't the first indicator of more problems... =/

I did snap a picture at the red light at the bottom of the off ramp right after it happened.

You can't use Cruise Control and B mode at the same time. If I remember correctly shifting to B mode will turn off Cruise Control and while in B mode you cannot set a speed for Cruise Control but the graphic will display on the dash.

Ampster said:
You can't use Cruise Control and B mode at the same time. If I remember correctly shifting to B mode will turn off Cruise Control and while in B mode you cannot set a speed for Cruise Control but the graphic will display on the dash.
Exactly. His car should have simply cancelled the cruise control and gone into B mode. It should not have thrown the error.

Back