Incorrect Date / Year on Radio

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

teaguecl

When you hit the home button under the display the unit will show the date in the top right. Today mine says "Wednesday, June 12", despite the current date actually being Wednesday Jan 26 2022. The last two times June 12 was a Wednesday were 2019 and 2013, so I suspect the year may be wrong. I cannot find in the setting anywhere to set the year - only the time zone and daylight savings.
It is my understanding that the date and time are set automatically via GPS and are not configurable. The time is set correctly.

This is an annoyance, but it is also a problem since the charge scheduler won't work as expected.

My car had been idle for about 6 weeks - it was at the paint shop having the recalled paint re-done. There was evidence that the 12v battery had been disconnected (Radio stations lost). It may have been parked out of GPS coverage (in a building) during that time, but it's been in my driveway a couple of days now. I don't know if the date was correct when I dropped it off - I assume it was.
Does anyone have any insight into how to correct the year?

Sounds a little like the 2K22 bug. However I just checked my car and the date is right.

Owners of older Honda and Acura models started up their cars on New Year’s Day, only to find that their vehicles turned into time machines, according to a report from Jalopnik. Instead of seamlessly transitioning to the year 2022, cars’ clocks jumped 20 years back in time, and Honda says a fix could be months away.
https://www.theverge.com/2022/1/8/22873403/honda-acuras-y2k22-bug-clocks-reset-2002

Back