Guess the kwh

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snoltor

Parking garage where I charge at work. Got a pic today of the solar array on the top floor, there are 10 CS-40s on the first floor. I'm thinking the panels have it covered.

Took the pic with my phone, sorry not the best. But who can guess the size of this array? (I know the answer, this is just a quiz for fun)

Parking_zpsbe4ba932.jpg

robertk925 said:
Is it an optical illusion or are the panels installed parallel to the ground?

I think it is parallel to the ground, but haven't actually been up there yet. I should check it out this week.

Snolter, where do you work? I live in East Sac and have been trying to visualize where that building is (I see our downtown skyline off in the distance).

jlhodges said:
Snolter, where do you work? I live in East Sac and have been trying to visualize where that building is (I see our downtown skyline off in the distance).

That looks like UC Davis Medical Center.

""That looks like UC Davis Medical Center."

I think you're right. With the photo probably taken from the Shriners Hospital.

Are we right, Snoltor?

jlhodges said:

We should try to organize a get together for Rav4 EV drivers in the Sacramento area some time. Maybe at a diner? There's 4 of us registered on the Zeemap, and there are probably more. For example there's an owner on my street who has a white Rav4 EV, but haven't meet him/her yet. I'm just going to have to go up and knock on the door one of these days. One possibility might be in Old Sac since the parking garage has 5 ChargePoint stations although as I discovered on Sunday they let regular old gas engine cars park in the EV spots on weekends. Also, I haven't really eaten there so don't know if there are good options. Let me know if you have any suggestions or better ideas.

Steve

I've been using it for exactly 2 months now. Getting pretty busy. Lots of Leafs and Volts, twice in the past month all ten chargers have been in use. We're going to have to start some sort of share program so that everybody gets some electrons. I heard about a phone app under development where you register as a user, input your license plate number and list a cell phone number or email address. Other users won't have access to your contact info but they enter your license plate number and the app contacts you. Presumably you could message back saying OK or sorry still charging....

Back