Real World Range

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not that it makes much difference, but it doesn't seem necessary to leave the fob in the car. You can take the fob with you and use the key to lock the door. Interestingly enough it doesn't seem to let you unlock the car with the fob.

ground_gainer said:
Just tried the "lock the fob in with the key" trick. It's around 90 today. It's only burned off 3 miles in the last 3 hours so this may become the normal way to "park" at work during the summer. Thanks for the idea Tony!

I'm not just a hat rack over here!!!

You're welcome.

Tony

yblaser said:
Not that it makes much difference, but it doesn't seem necessary to leave the fob in the car. You can take the fob with you and use the key to lock the door. Interestingly enough it doesn't seem to let you unlock the car with the fob.

It makes a bunch of noise when you walk off with the fob and the car is left on.

TonyWilliams said:
It makes a bunch of noise when you walk off with the fob and the car is left on.

It does beep 2-3 times but I guess I missed something; isn't the car on when you leave the fob in the car as well? Edit: Reread what you said and I think you are just saying it makes noise. Yes it does beep. Again no real benefit taking the fob with you. The fob is just a little more comfortable in your pocket (personal opinion) and if someone decides to steal your car as soon as they turn it off they are stuck.

TonyWilliams said:
With my car approaching 18,000 miles, I'm starting to see the first signs of degradation.

(151.9+12) / 4.1 = 40kWh available, down about 4.4% from 41.8kWh when new.

NOTE: I wouldn't normally make any kind of calculation with the GOM number, and I predict this 12 miles is slightly optimistic by a mile or three.

Was it consistent in allowing you to use 41.8 kWh every time? I only ask that because my Volt kWh allowance seems to vary from 9.4 to 10.0 kWh independent of outside temperature.

Back