Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:53 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 158 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
 Post subject: Re: Engine/Power Steering turned off in middle of the freewa
PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2015 5:32 pm 

TonyWilliams wrote:
Blastphemy wrote:
I have the most current firmware, just had 40,000-mile service + EV coolant service in September, and had the Speed Sensor Failure recall done. Guess none of that actually will prevent the Rav4 EV from suddenly dying while driving.

So you've all been warned! None of you are safe in this car; it's just a matter of time...

We've had several (like 3-4) RAV4 EVs that can't drive up a 7" ramp without triggering the CHECK EV light and popping into neutral. Folks, PLEASE get the new 103 firmware!

"blastphemy" mentioned he had the speed sensor fail recall done.
Isn't that the 103 firmware ?

Mine went into same condition now twice after the safety recall firmware update.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2015 5:45 pm 

TonyWilliams wrote:
Folks, PLEASE get the new 103 firmware!

Was firmware v.103 released after September?

Toyota is dreaming if it thinks I or anyone in my family will ever buy one of their cars again. Can't wait for my Tesla Model X to arrive Q1 next year!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2015 5:52 pm 

Blastphemy wrote:
TonyWilliams wrote:

Toyota is dreaming if it thinks I or anyone in my family will ever buy one of their cars again. Can't wait for my Tesla Model X to arrive Q1 next year!

My first & my last Toyota
Model X is the way to go!

Post subject: total loss of all power on freeway
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 11:47 pm 

Total loss of power on the freeway yesterday at 60 mph....turtle came on and to plug car in even thou had 75 miles on charge still. Did restart after 3 tries but check system stay on till 6 hours later. Car is at dealer now. What should I except or demand? car seems to be running fine today on way to dealer. Thanks Tommy

Post subject: Re: total loss of all power on freeway
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 12:34 am 

tomaros wrote:
Total loss of power on the freeway yesterday at 60 mph....turtle came on and to plug car in even thou had 75 miles on charge still. Did restart after 3 tries but check system stay on till 6 hours later. Car is at dealer now. What should I except or demand? car seems to be running fine today on way to dealer. Thanks Tommy

There's a few threads on this topic. Here's one:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1564

Here's another:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1558

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 1:05 pm 

tomaros wrote:

Read through the thread... there are really no surprises left with RAV4 EV. After 3 years, it makes the same mistakes OVER and OVER !!!

This one will likely be the speed sensor, which the dealer can replace now (in the past, they swapped the motor).

It could also be the gateway. Make sure you have the latest firmware 1.3.103.

Also, the 12 volt battery can cause some odd errors. Is yours in good shape? If it is the original battery, get a new one.

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1738

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 3:19 pm 
Site Moderator

Blastphemy wrote:
TonyWilliams wrote:

I would, the RAV EV is no reflection of Toyota. Incidentally Tesla and Toyota have a really sour relationship which prevents Toyota from getting proper and timely support on the RAV.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 5:26 pm 

4EVEREV wrote:
I would, the RAV EV is no reflection of Toyota. Incidentally Tesla and Toyota have a really sour relationship which prevents Toyota from getting proper and timely support on the RAV.

If that is the case, why don't they open up to the customers with problems ?
the mushroom culture I experience made me never want a Toyota again.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 2:36 am 

4EVEREV wrote:

It seems like this could be easily fixed by Toyota contracting with Tesla for more / better support. Maybe purchase more spare motors, chargers, DC/DC converters, ECUs, etc. and contract for more Tesla technician labor hours. Why would Tesla refuse that - doing so would make them money and also improve their reputation for servicing their failed parts. Maybe Toyota doesn't want to pay the price....

3.2 kW Solar PV system

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 1:45 am 

TonyWilliams wrote:
tomaros wrote:

Read through the thread... there are really no surprises left with RAV4 EV. After 3 years, it makes the same mistakes OVER and OVER !!!

This one will likely be the speed sensor, which the dealer can replace now (in the past, they swapped the motor).

It could also be the gateway. Make sure you have the latest firmware 1.3.103.

Also, the 12 volt battery can cause some odd errors. Is yours in good shape? If it is the original battery, get a new one.

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1738

Well wouldnt start this morning and the car didnt charge and was plugged in with timer on, was 3/4 charged from the day before. Towed in today , it may be the speed sensor as you said last time, and yes still has orginal battery . Thanks Tommy

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 158 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next