Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:46 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 194 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20
 Post subject: Re: Out of State service
PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2015 3:14 am 

After over a month, I finally have my RAV4 EV back. Tesla had been diagnosing the car over wireless, and the tech installed some firmware, but it still wouldn't start...one thing and another, they unhooked the main battery overnight, and when they re-hooked it up the next morning, it started. I really don't know what happened to both brick it and then fix it, but the after-market leather people picked it up from the dealer and are presumably leathering it now. I get back from Mexico on 12/30, and I can't wait to see my long lost EV!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 4:31 am 

I am a RAV4EV owner in suburban CHICAGO. I had the recall done via special appointment arranged by Kevin of Toyota Corp.

I was without the car for 8 days. They either fried or made incompatible the gateway ECU and had to get a replacement from California. It seems normal now so I guess they made it work.

(ex-2011 Volt #2365 - returned Nov. 2013)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 2:30 pm 

Had my recall work performed yesterday in Rochester, New York.

I contacted Kevin about three weeks ago. Kevin set up an appointment with the regional tech (Brant) and he came out (6 hour drive) to do the update. For future service (changing cooling fluids at 50k) Brant asked me to talk to the local service manager who can then reach him.

The personalized service was something I've never experienced with any vehicle. Kevin called me to finalize the service date, then Brant called the day before to see what time was best for me (I stayed while he did the service). At the dealership I was met by Brant and the service manager as I pulled in.

On a side note, Brant thinks there are around 18-20 of these in the Northeast. I had previously looked at NY license data and it appeared that there were 5 in NY at the end of 2014.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 5:25 pm 

We have 4-5 JdeMO customers in the northeast, so that's a very realistic number.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 194 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20