Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:55 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 194 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
 Post subject: Re: Out of State service
PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 3:58 am 

mickeymammoth wrote:
Just bought a used 2014 model in Colorado, and tried the heat today: no heat. I emailed Kevin Spillane and my local dealer. Very disappointing! I didn't think to try it on the test drives since it was hot those days.

I hear the following, but have not looked at it myself, check before buying.
_If_ it is out of warranty, try and find the part from a crashed early model nissan leaf (2011-2012)
They are supposed to be the same 6kW heater unit.
Should save you a bunch of money.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 8:06 pm 

Kevin Spillane from corporate called me back and he's getting the ball rolling for a repair, so that's a relief!!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:44 pm 

Had the heater, and then the gateway ECU replaced, and still the Rav won't get to Ready or accept the firmware upgrade. I hope this doesn't take 2 months like the one I read about in Seattle... The used car dealer gave me a loaner. I hope they're on board for letting me keep the loaner as long as it takes, esp. since my other car got crushed by a tree. Starting to feel kind of depressed about both cars at this point (the crushed one is at the body shop waiting for an estimate since they wouldn't total it at first look).

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 6:18 am 

mickeymammoth wrote:
Had the heater, and then the gateway ECU replaced, and still the Rav won't get to Ready or accept the firmware upgrade. I hope this doesn't take 2 months like the one I read about in Seattle... The used car dealer gave me a loaner. I hope they're on board for letting me keep the loaner as long as it takes, esp. since my other car got crushed by a tree. Starting to feel kind of depressed about both cars at this point (the crushed one is at the body shop waiting for an estimate since they wouldn't total it at first look).

Did they replace the DC to DC converter? That usually is damaged when the heater fails.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 7:57 am 

No to the dc-to-dc converter; maybe that will be the next thing they try.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2015 10:53 pm 

mickeymammoth wrote:
No to the dc-to-dc converter; maybe that will be the next thing they try.

What the heck. Im in Littleton, CO and I talked to Kevin around 2 months ago. He said he would arrange to have the recall done for me and I would get a call from Stevenson Toyota when their special tech was in town. This is after Stevenson Toyota said they could work on it, kept the car for half a day, then told me I should not have taken to them for service. Complete a-holes about the whole situation too... The service manager practically went out of his way to be a douche. That said, I would be willing to drive across town to do business with another dealership because these guys are just terrible.

Anyway, sorry for the rant, just a bit confused as to how you are getting all this work done in CO.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2015 7:38 am 

If you want to come to Boulder, I bet you could coordinate the upgrade for when the tech comes to work on my car. The very friendly Boulder Toyota service manager is named Andre Alirie at 303-415-3353. If you call him, he could relay the request to the tech person. I still live in hope that my car will get fixed soon, but who knows. They can't keep it forever right?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 6:49 am 

mickeymammoth wrote:
If you want to come to Boulder, I bet you could coordinate the upgrade for when the tech comes to work on my car. The very friendly Boulder Toyota service manager is named Andre Alirie at 303-415-3353. If you call him, he could relay the request to the tech person. I still live in hope that my car will get fixed soon, but who knows. They can't keep it forever right?

Thanks for the reply, Mickeymammoth. Boulder certainly isnt out of range for me but getting picked up and dropped off up there would be difficult. I will contact Kevin again and see what we can get done at another dealership around here.

Im a bit apprehensive to get any work done as our RAV4 EV has been rock solid for 30k miles now... but last thing I need is the thing going into neutral on my wife, with the kids in the car. :o

I wish you luck with the repair. This is our third winter in the RAV4 EV and we LOVE it!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 10:48 pm 

So the latest is the aux battery died, and now they can't get into the car because the 1 key I received has a laser-cut physical key that doesn't actually fit the door! They are ordering a new key based on the key code and we're all hoping it fits the door lock. If not, that would imply they changed the locks on the doors, which would be...odd? No other word on what the next repair attempt will be.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 11:38 pm 

It sounds like they did not use the correct procedure when flashing the car. There is a specific Toyota battery maintainer that is supposed to be connected to the car during all firmware updates on the RAV4 EV.

2012 Shoreline Blue #1462 w/JdeMO | 4.32kW Motech/Enphase PV Solar | Leviton EVB40 40A & Jesla Home Charging | 2015 Limestone Gray e-Golf LE

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 194 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next