Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:49 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Entune battery monitor
PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:12 pm 

My last update on my car was 30 Mar 2013.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 6:53 pm 

occ wrote:
Kohler Controller wrote:
For two weeks, the charge notification feature has notified me on charge start and end of charge perfectly via email. However, as of two days ago, I have not received any notifications from entunes. I went to the entunes website to see if the boxes became unchecked, but they were fine. I unchecked them, then checked them again and hit save, hoping that would work, but I still don't get a notification when the vehicle starts or stops charging. At least the car is charging though.

Has anyone else noticed their charging notification feature not functioning?

Yes, I have the same problems. Got my email notifications to work since signing up with Entunes, but as of around 3/29, which coincide with when my rav was in the shop, and the tech had to take the car apart to test the "hum" problem, I have not received any email notifications. I thought it was because they reset something from taking the car apart.

I have a service call into this. My rep said they are updating some entune something-a-magig for Lexus and wait till Monday and call them back of it is still not working by then.

Looks like entunes email notifications are back, I'm now getting all the emails since Thursday 4/18.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:47 pm 

occ wrote:
occ wrote:
Kohler Controller wrote:
For two weeks, the charge notification feature has notified me on charge start and end of charge perfectly via email. However, as of two days ago, I have not received any notifications from entunes. I went to the entunes website to see if the boxes became unchecked, but they were fine. I unchecked them, then checked them again and hit save, hoping that would work, but I still don't get a notification when the vehicle starts or stops charging. At least the car is charging though.

Has anyone else noticed their charging notification feature not functioning?

Yes, I have the same problems. Got my email notifications to work since signing up with Entunes, but as of around 3/29, which coincide with when my rav was in the shop, and the tech had to take the car apart to test the "hum" problem, I have not received any email notifications. I thought it was because they reset something from taking the car apart.

I have a service call into this. My rep said they are updating some entune something-a-magig for Lexus and wait till Monday and call them back of it is still not working by then.

Looks like entunes email notifications are back, I'm now getting all the emails since Thursday 4/18.

Me too! yahoo!

Reciever Hitch, CURT Class III Round Tube
Cargo Liner
Modified 120VAC EVSE to also accept 240VAC
Hood struts- Sokie Tech
JdeMO Level 3 Charging port
12.6kW PV system
VIN 1396
Austin, Texas

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:57 am 

Thanks for all the replies, funny thing, a few days after posting it started working with no other issues. Strange but it works fine now. Even the climate function works which is pretty neat. What a great car, I love it.

Thanks all again, Frederick

RAV4 EV Classic Silver
Leviton 40amp charger
6 Kw solar system (installation in process)

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 10:05 pm 

Tony I was wondering where you get the info that the car connect via the AT&T network? I stumble upon the Safety connect user agreement. And in section M of the system limitation section they mention that it use a CDMA network:

"Services use Code Division Multiple Access (“CDMA”) digital cellular telephone signals. If the Underlying Wireless Carrier terminates or restricts CDMA digital service, Services will not be available"

I might have change since the document seems to date from 2010.

http://www.toyota.com/safety-connect/im ... -terms.pdf

An other interresting point in the document is that they mention the system should work in Hawaii and Canada.

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 3:20 am 

ThePoorManTesla wrote:
Tony I was wondering where you get the info that the car connect via the AT&T network?

Here's a picture of the hardware. It has an AT&T SIM card on it, cellular phone, and other assorted hardware to communicate the data in the car to Tesla and Toyota:

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 12:38 pm 

I should have know that a picture was coming...The card seems removable...I am wondering if any SIM would work?

Thanks