Buying out the lease

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cossie1600

Since there are no good alternatives out in the market, I am likely going to buy my RAV4 out given I have a new battery and motor and extended warranty. My question is how easy is the buyout process? With Chase/Subaru, they had sent me a letter given me very favorable terms to buy out the lease 90 days before end date. Does Toyota do the same or do I have to go through the process and the dealer to finish it? How about financing it via a credit union? I don't plan to pay cash with the low interest rate

cossie1600 said:
Since there are no good alternatives out in the market, I am likely going to buy my RAV4 out given I have a new battery and motor and extended warranty. My question is how easy is the buyout process? With Chase/Subaru, they had sent me a letter given me very favorable terms to buy out the lease 90 days before end date. Does Toyota do the same or do I have to go through the process and the dealer to finish it? How about financing it via a credit union? I don't plan to pay cash with the low interest rate

Login to your account on https://www.toyotafinancial.com
There is a whole help part on that website that explains it

https://my.toyotafinancial.com/myaccounts/w/#account_overview/payoff

cossie1600 said:
With Chase/Subaru, they had sent me a letter given me very favorable terms to buy out the lease 90 days before end date.
That sounds like Chase fill finance a new Subaru when you trade your RAV4-EV in early.

I have had too much trouble to ever use Chase if I can avoid it. They are on my list.

No, that was when I had leased my Subaru, they offered to finance the vehicle instead of turning it back in. I believe Chase had ran the lease for Subaru

Contact Toyota Financial directly and tell them you want to buy out the lease. They will ask you how you will pay it off. If you are going to finance it, then they will give you a payoff docs for your bank to finance the buyout. Same as if you were to pay it off completely, they will also furnish payoff docs. You don't have to step back into the dealership to do the buyout.

Back