Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

It is currently Thu Jun 22, 2017 3:13 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 144 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
 Post subject: Re: RECALL: going into neutral / Speed Sensor failure
PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 10:57 pm 

banshee08 wrote:
Hi all,

Took my Rav4 EV to Longo Toyota on Saturday and got the recall done. Ask to have the tech checkout the hum from EV Motor. Well just got a call from Longo this morning and looks like they have a Traction Motor on order for me. Does anyone have experience with time it takes to replace the motor?

Thanks,

Chan
The amount of time to get the traction motor from Tesla varies from 1 to 6 weeks. After they have the parts, they should call you to make an appointment and do the swap in one day.

2012 Shoreline Blue #1462 w/JdeMO | 4.32kW Motech/Enphase PV Solar | Leviton EVB40 40A & Jesla Home Charging | 2015 Limestone Gray e-Golf LE

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:16 pm 

Wow 1 to 6 weeks. Hope its the 1 to 2 weeks. One day to swap sounds like a short time. Will they need to drain out the G48 fluid?

Thanks,

Chan Banh

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 5:55 am 

They will at least have to purge the air from the G48 coolant lines. Whether they completely replace the coolant probably depends on the age/mileage. My guess is they will keep as much as possible in the system and just bleed and refill as necessary.

2012 Shoreline Blue #1462 w/JdeMO | 4.32kW Motech/Enphase PV Solar | Leviton EVB40 40A & Jesla Home Charging | 2015 Limestone Gray e-Golf LE

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:12 pm 

banshee08 wrote:
Wow 1 to 6 weeks. Hope its the 1 to 2 weeks. One day to swap sounds like a short time. Will they need to drain out the G48 fluid?

Thanks,

Chan Banh

Well, I haven't heard of a car actually failing from the noise, so I just went ahead and kept driving it while waiting for the motor to come in. The dealer was willing to give me a loaner, and tried to discourage me from taking it, but I'd rather drive my own car.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 3:22 am 

davewill wrote:
banshee08 wrote:

Thanks,

Chan Banh

Well, I haven't heard of a car actually failing from the noise, so I just went ahead and kept driving it while waiting for the motor to come in. The dealer was willing to give me a loaner, and tried to discourage me from taking it, but I'd rather drive my own car.

I hear ya on driving your own car. My wife's Ford Focus EV just had the "Stop Safely Now" issue and they replaced 2 harnesses in the motor compartment but took like 3 days to complete. Wife complained about the smell of gas and having to fill up the damn car on the last day. How we forget the shear filth of ICE.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 10:19 pm 

I have contacted, or a least attempted to, both Kirkland Toyota and Kevin to attempt to get into the Nov. 11 recall service. I know I am late but was out on vacation.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 9:06 pm 

So at this point, I might be on the schedule for the recall service tomorrow. Might, because Kirkland Toyota says they cannot schedule the Corporate tech and Corporate says they don't do the scheduling for the dealership service. And Kevin never called me back.
Still, I have a case number so hopefully that will close the loop and mine will be done tomorrow with the group.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 10:37 pm 

SeattleRAV4 - I'm taking mine over this afternoon for tomorrow's 'fix'.
You might want to do the same thing. Drop off at service before 7 pm and someone is there. After 7 pm you can leave it in the service line and put the key in the locked drop box along with a note.
I would not miss this chance and woud show up with the car tonight and leave it if possible. Tech is supposed to start working 1st thing in the AM....

TOYESLA

BTW, I got the notification letter for the washer recall yesterday, but no info on what the fix will be or when..

JESLA owner, JLONG owner, JDeMo alpha-tester

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 10:57 pm 

I managed to get my Rav4 into the group recall service in Kirkland. Unfortunately the tech decided it required a new ECU which will take a few days to get from California. Fortunately they gave me (actually my son since I am currently in Australia) a new Prius as a loaner.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 5:19 am 

Glad you were able to get your car in for the recall at Kirkland. (For you CA folks, can you name the famous company from here?)

They said they had 5 RAV4 EV's in for the recall work. Sorry yours will need more work, bugt really fortunate they took care of you.

Mine was done, but they didn't put the sticker under the hood. I spoke with the service manager who said he'd contact the regional EV tech and request them for all of us.

JESLA owner, JLONG owner, JDeMo alpha-tester

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 144 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next