Cheapest RAV4 EV Toyota Extended Warranty

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Best price I got was from Gilroy Toyota. $1200 for 7yrs./125,000 mi. VSA Platinium w/ 0 decductable. Ask for Crystal or Ray.

Purchased mine and the odometer hit 36,000 miles on the way home from the dealer! :D

Luckyduckie,

Do you know if Gliroy Toyota will sell on the phone to us Southern California Owners?

Thanks,

Chan Banh

You can call them and ask.

I think they need to see the actual miles on the odometer. I drove 90 miles round trip to get it ( I had to charge up during lunch to make it).

You can reach Toby River at [email protected]. he is a lexus delaer who can sell toyota extended warranty for out of state.

I purchased platinum coverage with zero deductible ( 7 Yr and 100,000 mile warranty) for $950.

I live in San Ramon, He sent me the receipts through mail and received the actual booklet from Toyota after little over 1 or 2 weeks.

When I got mine, I did not have to verify the mileage in person (I live in Texas and purchased the VSA in Massachusetts). I took a picture of the odometer, but he didn't need it. He just asked what my mileage was and he filled out the paperwork accordingly.

This morning I purchased a Toyota Extra Care, Platinum Coverage warranty with $0 deductible for another of our Toyota vehicles from Troy Dietrich at Toyota of Greenfield, MA (413) 772-0989. The transaction was exactly as described in an earlier post. I was able to fax the required copies and with a return phone call from Troy, the transaction was completed in less than an hour. Although I live in the "Golden State," I was able to use a relative's address in MA.

So, can someone confirm for me...
Does the extended warranty simply extend past the normal warranty or does it run concurrently? The reason I ask is that if it starts the day after the standard warranty starts there would be no reason to wait until the end of the existing one. In fact, I would not be surprised if Toyota raises the cost in the future so it might be smart to buy now.

Also, for the person who just bought the 8/125k from Toby RiverI also would like to hear what you were charged. That's the coverage I'd like too.

Thanks!

It runs concurrent, which is why I recommend buying near the end of the factory warranty period.

If you wish to cancel, they will prorate it, and that means that they made a whole lot of money to provide nothing.

They won't raise the price on the RAV4 EV individually, because that's not how they sell it. It's priced by "groups" of cars.

fusiondynamics said:
mikegerard said:
I went with Toby River at [email protected] and got the 8/125k.

I wanted the longest one to make sure the heater was covered as long as possible.

Easy transaction over the phone...

Mike

Price you paid?

The other variations were less (7/100 is probably the best deal) but I wanted to get as long as possible. I'd hate to have the heater fail in the between year 7 and 8 and have remorse that I saved a few hundred and now have to pay to replace the heater.

Reposting this chart that I compiled from two pages back so that people can price compare, as it were:

PDheIc0.png

ravisekhar said:
You can reach Toby River at [email protected]. he is a lexus delaer who can sell toyota extended warranty for out of state.

I purchased platinum coverage with zero deductible ( 7 Yr and 100,000 mile warranty) for $950.

I live in San Ramon, He sent me the receipts through mail and received the actual booklet from Toyota after little over 1 or 2 weeks.

This seems like a pretty good deal.

Also, the chart above is awesome, thanks shikataganai. Are there different deductibles available for platinum coverage? If so, I wonder what the options are and how much it affects the premium. I guess I'll find out in 2017.

I got our 7 year 125k mile warranty from Toby River also. Completely friction free buying process. All my paperwork has arrived in just over 3 weeks.

I would recommend Toby in a heartbeat.

banshee08 said:
I got our 7 year 125k mile warranty from Toby River also. Completely friction free buying process. All my paperwork has arrived in just over 3 weeks.

I would recommend Toby in a heartbeat.

How much did you pay for that ?

6year/125,000 miles for $995.00
frontier Toyota Valencia,CA
Bought the VSA platinum at 35,400 miles

I have a 2013 RAV4 EV ( purchased August 2013)
Motor has been replaced, ECU Also replaced, coolant G 48 flushed as well
Total of 12-14 visits in the service department in less than 2 years.

( oh yeah, THIS is not your typical TOYOTA reliabilty).
To be fair, most of the times, it's the TESLA component that fails.
And as an early adopter of a model S, i know that pretty well.
The only difference is TESLA provides a loaner, they go to you.

AND I drive close to 25,000miles/ year

Has anyone looked into the carmax warranty? I'm having my car shipped to salt lake city through carmax and didn't know if anyone had experience with them on how they could really service an EV. Especially if they needed tesla supplied parts.

Back