Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

It is currently Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:09 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Just bought used 2014 Silver Rav4 EV in Boulder, Colorad
PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 6:34 am 

Count me as one more here in Denver. 2013 bought last month with 17,500 on it. I just love be this car. That said, this forum has me terrified about what happens when it breaks down, especially because I read that Kevin Spillane is no longer around to help. So far so good though, fingers crossed. I love the way it drives!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:27 pm 

Welcome! My brother moved to Colorado Springs with his silver RAV4 EV.

I wouldn't worry about the repair issues. Toyota has good support, and Kevin Spillane has been replaced. Nobody has been left stranded yet!!!

That being said, you have a unique vehicle, and it will take more effort on your behalf to get things done.

There has already been one battery failure in Colorado, and Toyota shipped the car back to California for a new battery.

There's been another battery failure in Portland (w/JdeMO) and Toyota is doing the same. My brother had the motor replaced in Washington (w/JdeMO). You'll be fine in the worst case scenario.

You may need to train your local dealer a little, and we will help.

Welcome aboard.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:39 pm 

White 2012. Almost 60k... zero issues. *Knocks on wood. In Littleton, CO. Throw some good snows on it, and its awesome in the snow IMO. Being able to warm up the car on a cold day without having to open garage so you dont kill your fam is a nice plus too.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:29 am 

I've been loving my EV Rav4 since last October (2016). I've put about 4000 miles on it (currently 37K) and no big problems. There are a couple minor things that don't bother me but I wonder about: At lowish speeds I get some whine and sometime also a little bounce. Anybody else get these?

I also need to get recall rear belt seat belt fix and would like to have the "regular" service of tightening bolts, etc. Does anyone have a recommendation for local service?

I'm in East Denver and tried Stevinson Toyota East a few times. They somehow always "lose" me so I feel I should look around for a more reliable place.

thanks,

LL

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:45 am 

DenverRav4EV wrote:
I've been loving my EV Rav4 since last October (2016). I've put about 4000 miles on it (currently 37K) and no big problems. There are a couple minor things that don't bother me but I wonder about: At lowish speeds I get some whine and sometime also a little bounce. Anybody else get these?

I also need to get recall rear belt seat belt fix and would like to have the "regular" service of tightening bolts, etc. Does anyone have a recommendation for local service

LL

I just bought mine used here in PA. (I grew up in Woodland Park, CO) It also has the motor noise at low speeds and after reading this forum often, it appears it's the beginning of the end. I'll live with it as long as I can and then process the warranty claim before that's too late.