Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

It is currently Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:25 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 788 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79  Next
 Post subject: Re: Check EV System warning message
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:34 pm 

I have my Rav4 EV back. They claimed it was a brand new battery. A crate was sitting there with Tesla stamps all over it but I don't know. The car actually charges in in extended mode now, so I guess its better. I haven't done a Tony Test, probably won't. They charge ~$550 to take out and put back in the Jdemo, I think it was worth it. Really happy to have it back. Also have the Tony recommended Bosch 12v in there too now, so that is cool.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:44 pm 

Golfpilot wrote:
I have my Rav4 EV back. They claimed it was a brand new battery. A crate was sitting there with Tesla stamps all over it but I don't know. The car actually charges in in extended mode now, so I guess its better. I haven't done a Tony Test, probably won't. They charge ~$550 to take out and put back in the Jdemo, I think it was worth it. Really happy to have it back. Also have the Tony recommended Bosch 12v in there too now, so that is cool.

Good to hear! Congrats!

2014 Rav EV #3364
2012 Plug in Prius

OpenEVSE builds
priuschat.com/threads/my-openevse-build.115573/#post-1647089
Dual voltage, portable 40amp Openevse
myrav4ev.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1013&start=120

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:32 am 

Toyota said they found the problem to be some sort of Toyota to Tesla plug. I am not sure what it means exactly. It's suppose to be an easy fix

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:42 pm 

The service plug failed, whatever that is.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:29 pm 

Lucky I have the extended warranty. $550 for the service plug, $450 for labor (3 hours) and $250 for rental car, $85 for the tow? I am almost breakeven on my extended warranty. I paid $1250 for the 7/125

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:38 pm 

cossie1600 wrote:
The service plug failed, whatever that is.

Probably the battery fuse under the passenger seat.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 7:51 am 

Note: (originally posted on Mar 22 in Toyota roadside is useless)
I used this message posting to help me get going without a tow

My Rav4 EV died on north 680 today near the Durham exit in Fremont after dark. I was able to coast off the freeway and onto a side street.
The Check EV System warning message was on the dashboard. I used safety connect to call for towing and everything seemed go well until they responded that they were going to tow me 3 miles to Fremont Toyota which is not a authorized Rav4 EV dealer. I told them I wanted to go to Toyota of Palo Alto as I have had all my work done there.

OK the charge for that was $131. What??? Really?? Sir we can only tow you to the closest dealer. I say that dealer can't service the car. They are like sorry sir.

I told the lady to call me back in 5 min. I tried the start 5 times (tried like 15 times) but still no go. I was talking to my wife when Toyota called me back, but my phone dropped the call. No call back from Toyota, tried calling the number on caller ID but it was outgoing only. Now I am feeling very unhappy.

So I am sitting in the car wondering what to do, scared about the traffic whizzing by, I hear the contacter drop out. So I try to start again and it works. The error is still there but I am able to drive 14 miles home

Feeling lucky to get home, but really think - *** Toyota Roadside Service is useless *** and a waste of money.

Scott

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 7:54 am 

Note: (originally posted on Mar 26 in Toyota roadside is useless)

So Saturday I decide to drive my car to Berkley Toyota 32 miles away to diagnose the EV Check Warning Message. I decide not to tow it because of the cost and my bad experience from the previous night. My wife followed in our ICE car.
I make it to Berkley with no problems, but partially pull into the service area that was blocked with cars. I got out to find the service manager and the meter maid tells me to move my car. I try but now the car will not get out of neutral, and is dead. So the service manager pushes it into the garage.
I am happy I made it, but in hindsight I probably should have had it towed in.

Scott

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 12:53 pm 

z3scot wrote:
Note: (originally posted on Mar 26 in Toyota roadside is useless)

So Saturday I decide to drive my car to Berkley Toyota 32 miles away to diagnose the EV Check Warning Message. I decide not to tow it because of the cost and my bad experience from the previous night. My wife followed in our ICE car.
I make it to Berkley with no problems, but partially pull into the service area that was blocked with cars. I got out to find the service manager and the meter maid tells me to move my car. I try but now the car will not get out of neutral, and is dead. So the service manager pushes it into the garage.
I am happy I made it, but in hindsight I probably should have had it towed in.

Scott

Bummer. Keep us posted.

2014 Rav EV #3364
2012 Plug in Prius

OpenEVSE builds
priuschat.com/threads/my-openevse-build.115573/#post-1647089
Dual voltage, portable 40amp Openevse
myrav4ev.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1013&start=120

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:58 am 

Ask for the supervisor with Toyota care and they will approve a longer tow

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 788 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79  Next