Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2019 1:27 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 506 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 47, 48, 49, 50, 51
 Post subject: Re: ALL POSTS - motor whine or "HUM" (Milling Sound)
PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 6:45 pm 

Jonathan_UK wrote:
Today I had a call from Toyota Carlsbad telling me the hire car they gave me is my financial responsibility. Going to see the service manager tomorrow to refute this.

Let us know how that works. I know the 3/36 factory warranty has rental car coverage, but depending on whether this is being done under the original "powertrain" warranty or an extended warranty it could be an issue. Find out which warranty applies then show them the page with rental car coverage. Otherwise you may need to file a claim with Toyota for reimbursement if it is covered but denied.

8/12/14 RAV4 EV #3008, Blizzard Pearl
9kW Solar Electric System
SDGE TOU metering
OpenEVSE 40 amp

"Aquaponics...solar-powered nanotechnology that produces fresh vegetables and meat, while purifying water..." - Rick Op, Houston Texas.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 12:31 am 

I, too, will be interested in whether your rental car's cost will be covered by your dealer or Toyota.

2014 Rav4 EV, Shoreline Blue Pearl, #2609, first use 04Jun2014, 49k miles (Aug2017), OpenEVSE 40A. First DU replacement May2018 59k.
2018 Model 3 LR AWD, blue. 9.6kw solar
1999 E300 on B100 (sold Sep2018)
http://nissandiesel.dyndns.org

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 6:17 am 

Waiting till Monday now, as the service manager is ill and off-work. I don't believe they've even contacted corporate yet, so I could be waiting even longer to get an answer on the rental car.

The way I see the situation is that I do not have a vehicle because the motor they replaced six months ago was defective. For a 15K dollar repair, any issues caused by that repair (including leaving customer without a car) need to be fully rectified by Toyota.

I don't have a current warranty on the car, as my last one expired when I used it to cover the motor last time. The motor is covered by a repair warranty (Toyota corporate). I'm not sure if I can get a copy of this warranty, but I'll try.

'13 Silver RAV4 EV #2178
(Aftermarket Leather Seats)
'11 Leaf SV (retired)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 2:22 am 

dstjohn99 wrote:
Jonathan_UK wrote:
Today I had a call from Toyota Carlsbad telling me the hire car they gave me is my financial responsibility. Going to see the service manager tomorrow to refute this.

Let us know how that works. I know the 3/36 factory warranty has rental car coverage, but depending on whether this is being done under the original "powertrain" warranty or an extended warranty it could be an issue. Find out which warranty applies then show them the page with rental car coverage. Otherwise you may need to file a claim with Toyota for reimbursement if it is covered but denied.

So today I received confirmation that the rental car is covered 100% by the post-repair warranty, even if it takes 2+ months to get the replacement motor.

Now, I'm awaiting coverage of my fuel costs, which so far, has amounted to an expense of approximately $75 a week out of pocket. At a rental rate of $55 per day, plus fuel costs, it would surely make sense to hire another brand's EV than this rubbish hybrid! :D

'13 Silver RAV4 EV #2178
(Aftermarket Leather Seats)
'11 Leaf SV (retired)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 4:47 am 

Ask for a Mirai ;)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 5:24 pm 

It sounds like a rare issue. Good luck.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 506 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 47, 48, 49, 50, 51