Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

It is currently Sun May 19, 2019 11:45 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 512 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 48, 49, 50, 51, 52
 Post subject: Re: ALL POSTS - motor whine or "HUM" (Milling Sound)
PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 2:32 am 

davebb wrote:
Hello fellow rav4 owners. I just read all these 51 pages and decided I should add my 2 cents. My 2014 has been in Toyota of El Cajon for a couple of weeks now. It was miles from home when after parked for a day it wouldn't go. The ready on the dash wouldn't appear it said something like see dealer immediately. Towed to dealer (not cheap). It had the 55mph to 65mph hum (gear noise) for at least 6 months before this. incidentally it recently gave a couple error messages something like check ev system and have your vehicle checked by a dealership immediately and another I can't remember. Those messages went away and the car worked fine until that final day. It turns out it's 2000 miles over warranty and I would have to pay around $14,000 to have the motor replaced. Looks like I'm out the $25,000 I paid 2 years ago for the car.
I'm bringing it home to see what I can find. Maybe I can bring it back to life. I wonder if there is a factory shop service manual available for this thing.

Ship it to us, and we will look at it. We are nearby, in north San Diego county.

San Marcos, California 92078 USA
tony@QCcharge.com
www.QCcharge.com
Twitter: QCPower
1-844-EV-PARTS
1-844-387-2787
1-760-798-0342 Office
Hours M-F, 9-5 Pacific Time

Post subject: Re: ALL POSTS - motor whine or "HUM" (Milling Sound)
PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 5:36 am 

TonyWilliams wrote:
davebb wrote:
Hello fellow rav4 owners. I just read all these 51 pages and decided I should add my 2 cents. My 2014 has been in Toyota of El Cajon for a couple of weeks now. It was miles from home when after parked for a day it wouldn't go. The ready on the dash wouldn't appear it said something like see dealer immediately. Towed to dealer (not cheap). It had the 55mph to 65mph hum (gear noise) for at least 6 months before this. incidentally it recently gave a couple error messages something like check ev system and have your vehicle checked by a dealership immediately and another I can't remember. Those messages went away and the car worked fine until that final day. It turns out it's 2000 miles over warranty and I would have to pay around $14,000 to have the motor replaced. Looks like I'm out the $25,000 I paid 2 years ago for the car.
I'm bringing it home to see what I can find. Maybe I can bring it back to life. I wonder if there is a factory shop service manual available for this thing.

Ship it to us, and we will look at it. We are nearby, in north San Diego county.

Thank you very much Tony. I've been thinking about contacting you. I am now waiting to see what our Toyota case will do for us. Probably nothing. I'll be in touch after they let me down.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 512 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 48, 49, 50, 51, 52