Car/stopped +Check EV System warning msg AFTER recall update

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dlca1 said:
Ironically, the car was fine and trouble-free prior to the "update".

This is rather troubling to me. Was planning on the update soon.... I am now more inclined to wait.

What's the rush? If you car has not had the speed sensor problem, the speed sensor is probably within tolerance for the original firmware. The recall firmware is just letting the car operate normally with a larger range of speed sensor signals. I only had mine done because it was due for the 25k service anyway.

I'm interested to get a update on what Toyota says is the problem. Was it indeed the update or did something else fail.

Has anyone (other than Tony) had a vehicle done that was subsequently upgraded with the Quick Charger? Mine is due for a service and if i take it in, i'm pretty sure they'll do the recall on it.

n3ckf said:
Has anyone (other than Tony) had a vehicle done that was subsequently upgraded with the Quick Charger? Mine is due for a service and if i take it in, i'm pretty sure they'll do the recall on it.

Mine had the software upgrade done with (not the final product) jdemo installed.
No problems here.

DevinL said:
Airton said:
Got the Check EV System waring today, had the recall update done last month.
Were you able to drive the car after restarting it a few times?

Yes, and I'm sure after a few more restarts the warning will go away :?

So basically nothing has changed for me after the recall update, I have never experienced loss of power while driving just the occasional Check EV System fault when powering on (about 4 times in the 2 years of ownership)

Airton

TonyWilliams said:
I doubt these are connected. The recall was for one specific function... the speed sensor. The RAV4 EV has always had the occasional "Check EV" message.
That's good to know, thanks.

Back