Charger swap and re-recognition question

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fred_dot_u

Supporting Member
I can't find the thread regarding the process involved when replacing an OBC. From what I can remember, there's firmware in the charger that has to be modified to have the new charger recognized as belonging to the vehicle.

The other part of this is that one can swap out a specific board(?) rather than flashing data on the system.

One of my neighbors is a professional auto mechanic employed by a local (non-Toyota) dealer, but is familiar with the Toyota technical subscription and either has a subscription or has had one in the past. He's also willing to work on the vehicle if his own research pans out.

My original plan was to wait until late November, as my wife has the holiday week from work, giving us nine days to muddle through things. It's possible that the swap may happen sooner, although the hurricane damage has thrown this area into a bit of a tizzy. Life is settling back to near normal, so I remain hopeful.

What's the best way to approach a personality injection in the replacement charger?

fred

fred_dot_u said:
I can't find the thread regarding the process involved when replacing an OBC. From what I can remember, there's firmware in the charger that has to be modified to have the new charger recognized as belonging to the vehicle.

The other part of this is that one can swap out a specific board(?) rather than flashing data on the system.

One of my neighbors is a professional auto mechanic employed by a local (non-Toyota) dealer, but is familiar with the Toyota technical subscription and either has a subscription or has had one in the past. He's also willing to work on the vehicle if his own research pans out.

My original plan was to wait until late November, as my wife has the holiday week from work, giving us nine days to muddle through things. It's possible that the swap may happen sooner, although the hurricane damage has thrown this area into a bit of a tizzy. Life is settling back to near normal, so I remain hopeful.

What's the best way to approach a personality injection in the replacement charger?

fred
Perhaps this topics
https://www.myrav4ev.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2537
https://www.myrav4ev.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2530
HTH,

Back