It was a good run, but Model X has now replaced Rav4 EV

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blastphemy

Just wanted to take a moment to thank everyone for your informative posts regarding the Rav4 EV. We had a lot of good discussions, and I learned a great deal about the car. Especially helpful were all the troubleshooting threads and people reporting on the Check EV System warning and power failure while driving issues.

Luckily, we manage to avoid any major servicing for the Rav4 EV. Probably should have insisted on a fix for the loud, whiny noise we always heard while driving, but it never got worse, and didn't seem to affect anything. We only had one power failure while driving (just a few months ago, and on a safe side street), and knew that the Check EV System warnings were innocuous and easily cleared.

Both my wife and I loved driving this all-electric SUV for three years, but now we've got the big brother from Tesla - Model X P90D! So we return the Rav4 EV at the end of its lease in just a couple of days. Sad to see it go, but glad to now start enjoying the Tesla.

If Toyota had eventually turned the Rav4 EV into a Lexus RX EV instead of shortsightedly killing the compliance car and moving forward with its soon-to-fail hydrogen fuel cell technology, we'd have that car instead of the Tesla. Oh, well. It's Toyota's loss.

There's a photo of our new baby in the "Rav4 EV next to Model X" thread elsewhere on this forum.

Cheers!

Blastphemy said:
If Toyota had eventually turned the Rav4 EV into a Lexus RX EV instead of shortsightedly killing the compliance car and moving forward with its soon-to-fail hydrogen fuel cell technology, we'd have that car instead of the Tesla. Oh, well. It's Toyota's loss.

!

Actually it would be a horribly inefficient pig of an EV no one would buy. Conversions are not the way to go and Toyota would be stupid to make any of their present platforms in to an EV as they are far to heavy.

I didn't mean that Toyota should just take the battery out of the Rav4 EV and put it in to an existing RX450h frame! Obviously Lexus would have to re-engineer the car to lose weight and increase aerodynamics.

If Tesla can get 250 miles out of a 90 kWh battery for the 3-ton Model X, for sure Toyota could get 150 miles out of a theoretical RX-EV if it used a larger battery pack than the Rav4 EV.

Blastphemy said:
Just wanted to take a moment to thank everyone for your informative posts regarding the Rav4 EV. We had a lot of good discussions, and I learned a great deal about the car. Especially helpful were all the troubleshooting threads and people reporting on the Check EV System warning and power failure while driving issues.

Luckily, we manage to avoid any major servicing for the Rav4 EV. Probably should have insisted on a fix for the loud, whiny noise we always heard while driving, but it never got worse, and didn't seem to affect anything. We only had one power failure while driving (just a few months ago, and on a safe side street), and knew that the Check EV System warnings were innocuous and easily cleared.

Both my wife and I loved driving this all-electric SUV for three years, but now we've got the big brother from Tesla - Model X P90D! So we return the Rav4 EV at the end of its lease in just a couple of days. Sad to see it go, but glad to now start enjoying the Tesla.

There's a photo of our new baby in the "Rav4 EV next to Model X" thread elsewhere on this forum.

Cheers!

Hmm.... selling then? :)

Back