problem with entune/pandora and BT phone conversation

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fromport

When I am listening to music through entune/pandora, everything looks/sounds great. Nice quality etc.
But when a telephone conversation comes in/is started by me, the music transfers from HiFi (like) quality to phone quality music in the background of the conversation.
The other person does not hear the music, but I have a hard time hearing the other person (almost impossible to hear)
I have to open my phone, disconnect entune, do the conversation and after that I have to go through the menu of the BT phone connection and reconnect the phone in order to get entune/pandora working again. And that is no guarantee it will work again.

Is this a typical case of my phone/os = samsung note2 with cyanogenmod (Android Community Operating System) ?
Other people don't have this problem ?

Curious minds wants to know.

I haven't experienced this with the RAV4 although I use Spotify or Podcast Addict on Android L developer preview as a source for BT audio rather than Entune. When I had my LEAF and used Cyanogenmod (with ICS) I did experience this sort of issue once or twice and I believe it was caused by Android failing to tell the music player to pause correctly when the call was picked up. I remember they did resolve it with a Cyanogenmod update and I never experienced it again after that. Could be that bug has re-appeared, or it could be that Entune does not properly register the pause command from Android, which would be my bet.

Have you tried setting the car to BT audio mode (instead of Apps) and running an audio application from the phone, then picking up a call? I'd start there, as that will tell you if it's a phone problem or an Entune problem.

DevinL said:
Have you tried setting the car to BT audio mode (instead of Apps) and running an audio application from the phone, then picking up a call? I'd start there, as that will tell you if it's a phone problem or an Entune problem.

Yes I tried that, and that works as expected.
The BT audio mutes/pauses and when the call is ended, resumes and un-mutes.

So does this make it an entune problem ?

fromport said:
DevinL said:

Yes I tried that, and that works as expected.
The BT audio mutes/pauses and when the call is ended, resumes and un-mutes.

So does this make it an entune problem ?
Yeah. Sounds like Entune is not processing the pause command correctly. You may have better luck running the stock OS or updating to a newer nightly of Cyanogenmod, but I wouldn't count on that fixing it either.

DevinL said:
Yeah. Sounds like Entune is not processing the pause command correctly. You may have better luck running the stock OS or updating to a newer nightly of Cyanogenmod, but I wouldn't count on that fixing it either.
I am on nightly builds :)
did install a stable version but same behaviour.
will try and see if I can get entune involved . thanks!

fromport said:
DevinL said:
I am on nightly builds :)
did install a stable version but same behaviour.
will try and see if I can get entune involved . thanks!
No problem! Happy to help. I'll try to see if I can duplicate your problem using Android L, though I might not get the chance to do it right away. Will let you know.

Back