$2500 CA Rebate Approval Letter

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dsinned

Dear (CA RAV4 EV Owner),

Congratulations! Your Clean Vehicle Rebate Project (CVRP) application has been approved. CVRP Staff are diligently working to process your rebate check as soon as possible.

Vehicle Information

Vehicle Model: Toyota, RAV4 EV,
Vehicle Year: 2012
Vehicle Identification Number (VIN): 2T3YL4DV2CW00xxxx

Rebate checks are issued in the order applications were approved and will be made within sixty (60) days of application approval.

Feel free to email or call with any questions you may have about the program. Again, thank you for your participation in the Clean Vehicle Rebate Project.

Sincerely,

CVRP Staff
CCSE Transportation Program
California Center for Sustainable Energy
8690 Balboa Ave, Suite 100
San Diego, CA 92123-1502
858.244.1177 phone
858.244.1178 fax
www.energycenter.org web
Follow us on twitter

I hope I get my response soon. They received my app in the mail on the 16th.

Somebody pinch me . . . I must be dreaming . . . how is it possible Californina is just giving money away to us just for buying almost any "green" car? The RAV4 EV is so good, I probably would of bought mine even without the CA rebate and IRS tax credit. I'm definitely not in the "2%", so I absolute need all the income I can get to support my standard of living, with little to spare, but these government kickbacks are almost too good to be true.

Not only that, I bought TWO EVs this year, so I am even allowed to "double dip" by the government. This is really, truly, way past too good to be true! This is going to be the FIRST year in my working lifetime of 45 years, that I will not pay hardly any income taxes! And at the same time have the genuine privledge of driving two very fine electric vehicles which, most assuredly, are improving my current mode of transportation.

It just don't get any better than this!!! :mrgreen:

Dsinned said:
Dsinned said:
"Rebate checks are issued in the order applications were approved and will be made within sixty (60) days of application approval."

Just got my check! Just around three weeks from approval email.

I mailed mine Dec 11th. It will be interesting to see if I get it before year end.

From what I understand from a Prius forum it is not taxable because it is considered a reduction in the cost of the vehicle.

Ampster said:
. . . From what I understand from a Prius forum it is not taxable because it is considered a reduction in the cost of the vehicle.
Hmm . . . I too am wondering about the "taxable" status of this CA rebate. It was not directly a part of the dealership's sales transaction and does not appear on the purchase agreement, so I am not sure it can be considered a non-taxable income exemption, or even necessarily applied to the purchase at all.

Do we have a tax attorney or any tax return experts here that can comment on this?

Yay, got my check today. I submitted the forms on 1 Nov and got my approval email on 27 Nov. So the whole thing took 6 weeks. Not bad. Thanks CA.

Thank you so much for this info. I did not realize I had to apply for the California rebate...thought it was a tax credit. Do we apply for the Federal tax credit when we submit our IRS tax return? Thanks.

Luke26 said:
Thank you so much for this info. I did not realize I had to apply for the California rebate...thought it was a tax credit. Do we apply for the Federal tax credit when we submit our IRS tax return? Thanks.

$7500 federal tax credit:

http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f8936.pdf

Tax Credit for 2012: The 30% tax credit for installing charging stations that expired at the end of 2011. Plug In America has been working to get that reinstated, and they are pleased to tell you their efforts paid off and the credit was reinstated retroactively for all of 2012 as part of the "fiscal cliff" legislation. If you paid for a charging station or installation in 2012, you'll want to check out IRS Form 8911 when you file your taxes. Obviously, this form has not been updated for 2012:

http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f8911.pdf

$2500 California state rebate:

http://energycenter.org/index.php/incentive-programs/clean-vehicle-rebate-project

Thank you very much!! I am new to this forum and enjoy reading all the different topics. This is my first EV and we really love it. Of all the EV's on the market, I think the RAV4 EV is the sweet spot.

TonyWilliams said:
Tax Credit for 2012: The 30% tax credit for installing charging stations that expired at the end of 2011. Plug In America has been working to get that reinstated, and they are pleased to tell you their efforts paid off and the credit was reinstated retroactively for all of 2012 as part of the "fiscal cliff" legislation. If you paid for a charging station or installation in 2012, you'll want to check out IRS Form 8911 when you file your taxes. Obviously, this form has not been updated for 2012:

http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f8911.pdf
I wasn't aware of this, but this is really great news!

Agreed. Excellent to know there potentially another incentive for a charger/installation.

Thanks Tony.

Back