$2500 CA Rebate Approval Letter

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am currently in the process of applying for the California $2500 rebate. I submitted my online application last week, and received the follow-up e-mail requesting additional documents to mail in. One requested document is:

"Proof of temporary or permanent vehicle registration. A copy of the Application for New Vehicle Registration submitted by the dealer to the California Dept. of Motor Vehicles (DMV) is acceptable proof of temporary vehicle registration if submitted within one year of sale."

Did anyone submit this dealer "Application for New Vehicle Registration", or did you simply submit your valid vehicle registration card issued to you by the DMV?

Thank you.

Luke26 said:
I am currently in the process of applying for the California $2500 rebate. I submitted my online application last week, and received the follow-up e-mail requesting additional documents to mail in. One requested document is:

"Proof of temporary or permanent vehicle registration. A copy of the Application for New Vehicle Registration submitted by the dealer to the California Dept. of Motor Vehicles (DMV) is acceptable proof of temporary vehicle registration if submitted within one year of sale."

Did anyone submit this dealer "Application for New Vehicle Registration", or did you simply submit your valid vehicle registration card issued to you by the DMV?

Thank you.

I copied the temporary tag which was taped onto the inside of the windshield and was approved and check should be in the mail now.

Got my check on January 10th. The time from approval email on December 17th was 24 days and just over 30 days from the time I submitted my app.

I just got my approval e-mail for the $2,500 CVRP rebate. However, the language has changed.
"Rebates are issued in the order applications were approved as funds become available."
I believe this used to say "Rebate Checks will be issued within 60 days". Makes me wonder if there is a funding issue. There shouldn't be according to this:
California Energy Commission adopts $100M investment plan for 2013-2014 for green vehicles and fuels
$5 million for light-duty plug-in electric vehicle rebates to meet high demand for the Clean Vehicle Rebate Program, administered by the California Air Resources Board.
However, the money may not show up until the new fiscal year that starts July 1. Hmmm....

Edit: I think I just answered my own question.
http://energycenter.org/index.php/i...an-vehicle-rebate-project/cvrp-program-status
Rebate Status for the Clean Vehicle Rebate Project

CVRP Currently Pending $ 103,400
CVRP Currently Reserved $ 7,927,700
CVRP Rebates Issued (FY 2012-2013) $ 18,902,542
CVRP Remaining Funds (FY 2012-2013) $ 321,208
CVRP Rebates Issued (FY 2009-2013) $ 44,873,438
It looks like there are over $8M reserved or pending with only $321k remaining funds. So, the $5M from the CEC may not even cover existing reservations.

I sent an e-mail to the CVRP administrators (California Center for Sustainable Energy) inquiring about my rebate. As it turns out mine was approved and allocated before the money ran out, so I will still get my check in 60 days. CVRP applications are now being put on a waiting list and will be funded after the beginning of the new fiscal year that starts July 1. However, it may take another 60 days after that to get your check. So, people who buy an EV today may not get their rebate until after Labor Day.

Interesting. I filed my application on last Wednesday and on Thursday, I had an email says "your application we have reserved a rebate amount of 2,500.00 for the vehicle". And that I have 14 calendar days to send in the proof.

I must have been the last few to get to this fund?

dipper said:
Interesting. I filed my application on last Wednesday and on Thursday, I had an email says "your application we have reserved a rebate amount of 2,500.00 for the vehicle". And that I have 14 calendar days to send in the proof.

I must have been the last few to get to this fund?
I don't know exactly how it works, but if you haven't sent ALL the required documents, then your position in line may not be finalized. You will get an "Approved" e-mail when everything is finalized. It will be interesting to see when you actually get your rebate check. I mailed my signed application and documents on May 3 and got my "Approved" e-mail on May 10.

By the way, I'm putting together my application now, what did you submit as evidence of a sealed or maintenance free battery? (item #6)

miimura said:
dipper said:
I mailed my signed application and documents on May 3 and got my "Approved" e-mail on May 10.

snoltor said:
By the way, I'm putting together my application now, what did you submit as evidence of a sealed or maintenance free battery? (item #6)

miimura said:
dipper said:
I mailed my signed application and documents on May 3 and got my "Approved" e-mail on May 10.

Don't worry about it.

They asked for and gave them:

1. my sales slip (that long thingy from the dealer finance person)
2. my utility proof of CA resident
3. my temp reg (the thing in the window). I just took it out and made a copy.

Hope this helps.

snoltor said:

miimura said:
It doesn't apply to RAV4 EV because it is neither a ZEM nor NEV.
For ZEMs and NEVs, as identified on the vehicle eligibility list, evidence of sealed maintenance-free batteries and a 24-month warranty.

miimura said:
InsideEVs reported that California Assembly Bill AB8 has passed and that it will provide $2 billion in funding to extend the CVRP rebate program and others to 2023.

And AB327 looks like it will pass and that one might take away some benefits to solar NEM generators.

I got my "approval" email on Aug 19th. Should i be worried that my rebate check hasnt arrived yet? Has anyone gotten one recently and can say how many days it took?
-jcp-

Back