Adaptive Cruise Control?

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
miimura said:
Ampster said:
You can't use Cruise Control and B mode at the same time. If I remember correctly shifting to B mode will turn off Cruise Control and while in B mode you cannot set a speed for Cruise Control but the graphic will display on the dash.
Exactly. His car should have simply cancelled the cruise control and gone into B mode. It should not have thrown the error.

Exactly. I switch from "D" cruise control to "B" all the time. I've probably done it hundreds if not thousands of times... This was the one time it errored on me.

FYI had my second cruise control error, a few months after the first described above. Ever since the first error, I have started actually turning off the cruise control manually before switching into "B", thinking that this might solve the cruise error. Well this time it error'd out on the freeway as soon as I pulled the "cancel" lever. I got the BEEEEEEEP and the little screen came up talking about the cruise control problem again. As I was only 10 min from my destination I just drove there normally.

No other issues other than cruise control not working. Still makes me a bit nervous. The issue seems to happen as soon as cruise control is "canceled" (whether by switching into "B" or by clicking the lever--not sure if applying the break would do it, but I suspect yes and both times it has happened it has happened when the cruise turns off--basically it becomes impossible to turn it back on without turning the car off and then back on).

On this trip I did an extended charge and was driving around 50 miles one way in 40 degree weather and it crapped out near the end of the trip. I had used it a lot during that trip at a variety of speeds (initially in 40 mph stop and go traffic, and then at 65mph and 75 mph freeway speeds).

I had no problems using cruise control on the way home or since (it happened last Saturday). Anyone else seeing this error? Sure seems to be software related to me...

I got Check Cruise Control once a few months ago. When it appeared, I turned off the cruise with the on/off button and it went away. Turning the Cruise back on, not even engaged, just on, would immediately show the error again. After I turned the car off, I never saw it again.

Back