Auto-Up windows

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BSki

My prius has all windows on Auto-up and Auto-down functions. Is this just a function of the window switch, and if so, can those be changed out?

I dislike having to roll up three windows by holding the switches up, not very easy with how the switches are. I would like them all to function like the drivers window does.

Any ideas?

Somehow I doubt it's in the switch. There's some sensing going on to (hopefully) avoid a crushing experience :-(.

Me, just want a way to disable the window down function in my rear seats... one of my dogs has figured out how to press the window down function!

edmc said:
Me, just want a way to disable the window down function in my rear seats... one of my dogs has figured out how to press the window down function!
Isn't there a button to disable all the window switches except the driver's?

cwerdna said:
edmc said:
Isn't there a button to disable all the window switches except the driver's?

Yes, the button on the drivers door, in forward of the electric door lock button. There may be a setting that the dealer can set for "all up/down" windows, like there are settings for getting rid of the crazy reverse beeping.

Hey everyone,

I am hoping someone out there can help me. I want to add one touch power windows to my RAV4 ev just like I have in my PIP. I am hoping someone knows of where I can find a wiring schematic and parts diagram for the power window system in a PIP.

I know I can buy modules and install them at each switch on the Rav ev but that would only give me fully up or fully down. I like how the PIP works better. You move the switch a little, let go and the window stops there. If you press the switch all the way the window auto closes or opens. I like that there are two options from the same switch.

I already took the switch panel off both my PIP and Rav ev to inspect them. The switches appear to be the same size and style but the harnesses are totally different. The PIP has fewer wires in the harness and they are smaller gauge which leads me to believe they are just signal wires and there is a control module somewhere in the car.

I'd prefer to try to use the parts from a PIP in my Rav ev but if that doesn't work out I'll have to buy the aftermarket window modules and install them in each door.

Has anyone attempted this yet? Any input would be appreciated.

I have these in my Prius (all 4 windows) and I love them. I'm thinking about it but it's pretty low on my list. If I ever get it done I'll post about it.

I found the service manual for a 2008 and the electrical schematics for a 2011. I tested the wires and verified that they are they are the same.

Unfortunately the PIP uses multiplexing with their system so I cannot use their window switch like I had hoped. Auto up and down is possible but you wouldnt have the two positions for each switch like in the PIP like I was hoping to gain in the Rav EV.

Back