Disable the Proximity Warning Sound

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sport Mode

Does anyone (Tony?) know a simple way to disable the proximity warning sound?

A friend of mine has the original RAV4 EV and I love how quiet it is.

Here is how to do it on a Prius Plug-In....

http://priuschat.com/threads/nobody-hears-the-proximity-warning.106727/page-4

Sierra said:
Does anyone (Tony?) know a simple way to disable the proximity warning sound?

A friend of mine has the original RAV4 EV and I love how quiet it is.

Sorry, my car has been at the dealership all week, so I can't go check this out. On the Nissan LEAF, it's called "VSP", vehicle sound for pedestrians.

I first want to get rid of the interior noise maker when backing up... that has to the dumbest.

I gotta agree that the interior backup warning sound is annoying and insanely stupid. I'd love to be able to disable that.

I'm not interested in disabling the exterior pedestrian warning. While I would agree that the silence would be "cool", it does serve a safety purpose that shouldn't be disabled. That's kind of like driving at night with the lights off because it's so "stealthy".

Toyota can change the back up sound to only one beep. Why it still as to make one beep I do not know. I am waiting for my first 5000 mile check to have it turned off (over half way there). I do plan on calling my dealer to make sure they know how to do it or make sure they contact HQ to find out before I drop of the car.

Is there an external audible sound when you back up your Rav4 EV? I have not noticed that on mine and have to be very careful to make sure people around me know I am backing up.

How do I enable this external sound if at all possible?

kwidjaja said:
Is there an external audible sound when you back up your Rav4 EV? I have not noticed that on mine and have to be very careful to make sure people around me know I am backing up.

How do I enable this external sound if at all possible?

There is none. You could put on an external beeper that trucks use and connect it to the reverse lights.

Back