Entune Refresh

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Charlestonleafer

Does anyone know how to force the Entune app to refresh? I'm tracking my Rav as it makes it's way across the country, but it hasn't updated since 7pm last night. I've done the usual, quit the app, even tried another device, and it gives the same data. Anyone have any tricks for this?

I don't think the location will update until the car is turned on again. If it is being shipped on a truck and has not been turned on, the location finder will not update.

In another thread someone said that turning on remote climate will force the RAV4 to send an updated location to the Entune servers. Normally it only sends its location at the point when the car is turned off.

yblaser said:
In another thread someone said that turning on remote climate will force the RAV4 to send an updated location to the Entune servers. Normally it only sends its location at the point when the car is turned off.

Good call, I'll try that!

Charlestonleafer said:
I can't read the Ravcharge map? It gives me a pin, but no other data.
Oh, ok I didn't realize that you're having your car shipped and not driving it. The location in the RavCharge map is the same as entune will provide, and if you right-click on the image and choose "open image in new tab" you can see the actual latitude/longitude in the URL. As others have pointed out the location only seems to update when you turn the car off. I'm doubtful about the climate idea, but let us know if it works! What RavCharge can help with for this scenario is making sure the status update or climate activation goes through quickly and easily.

Cool! I just tested it myself and confirmed it too (after I stopped the climate, not after starting.) My car didn't move, but I could see the timestamp changed in the communication from the Entune server. And there were some tiny fluctuations in the latitute/longitude values.

Now if only we could figure out a way to update the location while the car's being driven...

When mine was shipped I used the climate control to update.

Turn on climate. Wait 2 minutes. Turn off climate. Check location. Should be updated.

The system updates location when the car turns off. Turning off climate is what forces the update.

Mike

mikegerard said:
When mine was shipped I used the climate control to update.

Turn on climate. Wait 2 minutes. Turn off climate. Check location. Should be updated.

The system updates location when the car turns off. Turning off climate is what forces the update.

Mike

Good to know! Does this apply to battery status too? ie I can't get battery status anymore after the car sits for several days. So if I try to turn on/off the climate, will I then be able to get Entune to update battery status?

Also, if the battery is 50% or less, the car will not let you turn on the climate control via Entune. So wil turning the climate on/off also be inhibited, and your Check location won't update? I'll try this in a few days and report back when my bat is less than 50%.

Back