Glove compartment won't close

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Luckyduckie

Last week my wife was driving the car and went to put something into the lower glove compartment on the passenger side; after she opened the compartment it wouldn't close again. I thought maybe something was stuck. I took everything out and looked around with a flashlight and a small mirror ... but nothing. Looks like maybe the linkage one the right side came off and is blocking the door from closing. Anybody have this happen? Any ideas? Is this a manufacturers defect?

TIA

The glove compartment is held together on the sides that you can pinch to release and drop. There is also another black piece on the right side that provides it the "slow-motion" opening. It is all pinch and release and likely, one of these three things is a little off. You might try releasing everything as if you're going to change the cabin filter and then adjust it all back and try to close it. Then open and close it a few times. Hope that helps.

Thanks , I took the bottom cover off as per your suggestion. The slow motion shock absorber had popped off but there was something else jaming the door from closing. With the bottom cover off, I was able to reach in and grab the object which looks like some type of cover (about 1.5 inch x 10 inches black plastic cover). I looked around but have no idea what the cover is for. Maybe unimportant?

Nevermind, I just realized it was the cabin filter cover after reading your other thread. Thanks, now I also know how to change the cabin filter.

Back