how can I know if my rav4 ev firmware is up to date?

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So far, we're not sure of a way for us owners to find this information out. You can try the following:

1. Take it to a dealer and ask them. They may need to connect to the car to get this information.

2. Call Toyota and ask them, but if you do that, they will probably give you some bullshit answer that only a trained Toyota RAV4 EV technician can tell you the answer. Of course this is a lie because if they know your VIN, they can tell you exactly what firmware it left the factory with and they can see if there were any updates to the service history. Of course, it is possible that your firmware was updated and the service history was not, in which case there may be some truth to what I called a bullshit answer.

3. Of course, this also depends on finding out what exactly is the most current version, and that might be hard to find. So far I want to say the latest that I know of is something like 1.3.62 or something like that. I had .57 and was upgraded a few weeks ago.

I'm speaking from experience on all points above.

Back