Interior Lighting

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ToddR

Just bought a Silver one from Keys in Van Nuys. No one at the dealer knew much about the car, at least of salesman had the courage to admit so. Anyway by the time they finished the paperwork, and I went to drive it home, I discovered that none of the interior lights work (dome, foot well, etc). The 7.5A fuse (f10 passenger side) is ok. Folks at the dealer said bring it back Tuesday when the service dept opens. Could this be something silly like a setting?

Throughout the vehicle, I believe there are "switches" that you can use to turn off various interior lights. I know there is one of the rear door and one in the center of the roof. There is also a stalk sw on the left side of the steering wheel to turn off your DRLs. I don't think there is a "setting" for controlling interior lights on the center console.

I had this same problem when I took delivery of my Rav4 EV. The technician didn't follow his delivery procedures, so several features weren't working.

BTW, if you're bringing it back, it's a good time to customize all the beeping. The technician can turn off the in-cabin reverse beep that accomplishes nothing (because no one can hear it outside the vehicle), turn off the 'no seatbelt' constant beeping, and others.

And don't let them try to charge you for it, because the Rav4 EV gets free maintenance for the first two years. You'll get something from Toyota a bit later explaining the maintenance program.

I have same issue on interior lights and keyless entry not working. Just got RAV 4 EV 2 days ago. I'm in Pennsylvania.
Is this something any Toyota dealer can fix? The interior lights?

Hope so.

This is looking like a common oversight at the dealers - there is a factory pin that prevents power from going to the overhead lights, the hand sensors in the handles, and the microphone for voice commands (and maybe other places too). This is to prevent phantom battery loss on dealer lots over long periods of time. They are supposed to pull this pin as part of delivery. Since you don't have any local authorized dealers, I suggest you call whoever sold it to you (or any of the larger RAV4EV dealers) and ask if they can either provide you instructions to do it yourself, or help one of your local dealers. I don't know where the pin is, but it should be a simple thing to pull it out.

Thank you. Exactly what I needed to know. Hopefully, local Toyota should be able to
call San Diego Toyota and figure this out...Now I know what to tell them the problem
is. Thanks much.

If you're calling Mossy Toyota in San Diego, that's where I got mine. It was Justin York in the service dept who figured out about this pin. My sales guy was Alex Rangel, he also learned about it. Good luck.

The pin is located in the engine bay passenger side fuse box. In side the fuse box, there is a white "fuse" without any number and that is the "pin". Under the fuse cover, there is a location labeled "short".

Put the "pin" into the "short" slot and interior function like light, garage door opener, external door handle switch.......will be activated.

The middle white "fuse" is in the "short" slot in below picture

Thanks BBQ. This may solve my concern about leaving the car outside with the garage door opener programmed. Now I just need some sort of remote to make-break the jumper connections...

Thanks BBQ for the post and picture. We picked up the car yesterday, after getting home realized the interior lights did not work. Google search for Rav4 EV interior lights gave this as the first result. Popped hood, moved jumper, walaa. Thanks!

Thanks BBQ! Just picked up my rav4ev and same problem. Fixed on the spot w ur post.

Frank

Back