Metal Powered by Tesla License plate frame interest/opinions

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swogee

I have been looking for a metal version of the "Powered by Tesla" license plate frame and I found a company in Southern CA that came up with a metal frame that has sublimated metal panel on it with the Powered by Tesla on it. The company is Frames Co, and they frequent many County Fairs in CA. They also have a web site. This is a special request that I had them work on. Shown below is a picture of a license plate frame.

download_zpse9a95632.jpg

The frame is available in a zinc or steel material. I'm still working on getting more details. I was hoping to find something more durable than the plastic frames, but I'm still not certain how durable the sublimated metal panel would be vs the plastic one. There's a UV protectant on the sublimated panel and in the ink according to the company.

Any thoughts or comments on the frame?

One of my plastic Tesla plate has broken as well. I currently have it superglued to hide the crack. I'm definitely interested in a metal plate like this.

Here's a another version that uses a zinc metal frame instead of the chrome plated steel.

The company (Frames Co) has indicated the Tesla logos can be removed on the bottom part of the frame.

Here's some additional info that the company sent me.

The steel is a heavier frame but in this case the zinc frame
works best because of the recessed panel. With the steel frame the
insert sits on top of the frame. It really depends on the look you
are trying to achieve. The price for the zinc frame is $20 and the
steel is $25 (assuming you are looking for just one.) In quantities
they go down in price, How many did you want?
Yes the inserts are aluminum with a surface coating that accepts the
sublimation. And both frames are chrome plated, just the steel frame
has a higher mirrored finish due to its flat surface. I'll try to
remember to snap a photo on the zinc frame later and that might help
your decision.
Let me know how else we can help.
Frames Company

I personally like the steel frame and I think the black lettering looks better on a white back ground.

I guess at this point I need to see if how many people are interested so I can find out if there will be a price break on a larger quantity. Any other thoughts or ideas?

Just to summarize, I would like to get a rough idea how many persons would be interested in a metal "Powered by Tesla" license plate frame.

In order to be consistent, the frames will be steel (as opposed to zinc) and the lettering can be black (as shown) or white (will post a pic when I get one). The Tesla logos shown in the first pics will be omitted.

At this point there are six persons interested.

The approximate cost will likely be between $20 and $25 depending on the number of persons interested. I think once I get an approximate number of people interested I can arrange to have it added to their website with a special promo code. I don't really want to handle any money or shipping.

Their website is:
http://www.framesco.com/steel-license-plate-frames.html

Any thoughts or ideas are welcome.

I have two of the plastic plates, but I would be interested in the metal ones as they are more durable.
I have two suggestions:
1. put 100% Electric on the top, Powered By Tesla on the bottom with the word Tesla in the Tesla font

2. Put metal tabs on the back of the bottom that hook over the license plate. The plastic frame vibrates unless all four mounting screws are used. The RAV4 plate mount only uses the top two screws.

-- Scott

There will be a choice of black or white lettering. I went with the original "Powered by Tesla" frame to simplify things. As for having the TESLA be in a red font it is possible, but I am curious if that would be something that everyone would want. Also the red "TESLA" would look good with a black background but I'm not sure how it would look with a light background.

I'll check and see if the metal frame has tabs on one side to hold the license plate.

Thanks for the ideas and input.

z3scot said:
I have two of the plastic plates, but I would be interested in the metal ones as they are more durable.
I have two suggestions:
1. put 100% Electric on the top, Powered By Tesla on the bottom with the word Tesla in the Tesla font

2. Put metal tabs on the back of the bottom that hook over the license plate. The plastic frame vibrates unless all four mounting screws are used. The RAV4 plate mount only uses the top two screws.

I agree. I would like to replace my cheap plastic frames asap, so I'm ready to place an order. Just let me know. Thanks!

Back